of.writing.&.me.

I've been wanting to write, but I've been pretty overwhelmed at work and at home. So yeah, we spent the long weekend back in Kedah, everything was great except for the long drive thanks to the horrendous balik-kampung traffic.

I think we should have a balik kampung schedule or something, our highway just can't cope with the traffic anymore, no matter if we multiples the lanes by four, let's not talk about the RNR - the endless queue - nah, I'm not talking about the queue at the loo, queue nak drive into the RnR pon dah jem berbatu-batu. 

Your luck just ran out if you desperately need to wee wee, like yea, good luck with that - you'll fare better if you can pee in a bottle or something - not like I did, just saying. :P

So yea, Myra turned 4. Had a mini celebration at school. The cake was awesome. A pink-purple My Little Pony chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, like yea, I was expecting something regular, ya know, chocolate cake and err..butter cream (that's how oblivious I am, I asked for chocolate cake and specified the color of the frosting, not the type of the frosting) - so when we were given a huge slice of cake to be taken back home (so nice of the teacher to ask whether I wanted to have a bit of it or not, else mak tak merasa lah cake birthday), I was pretty blown away.

C*** thinks so too, no fake-butter taste and cheap chocolate after-taste whatsoever - so I was not being delirious or something. The baker is nice too, absolutely worth every penny. So yea, I absolutely know where to get em cakes next time. :)

We already booked an apartment for our getaway, it helps that the place that we're going is like C***'s 2nd kampung, else we wouldn't be able to grab such a place. Like yea sure, they have a website and everything, but it's in their native language, no English version whatsoever and even if you Google-translated it (yea,I tried even tho it's not like I have any use of it), the language is pretty hard to comprehend.

Well, another crucial part - we're yet to finalize the itinerary,  I hafta admit that it's pretty hard.

C*** simply went  

"List down everything you wanna do and places you wanna go, I'll take you there."

Like easy for you to say, sure I have tonnes of stuff to buy to see and places to go to, but that's me. C*** doesn't care much, as long as I'm happy (which is great, adakah project memikat hati bini? haha) but we're traveling with another friend (C***'s friend to be exact) and his family (they decided to tag along right after we bought our tickets) and they didn't even bother to chip in on this - which annoys me a little.

Honestly, I don't like to be the travel planner for  people that I don't know much of, like I've told C*** that I already have a list of stuff that I want to look for once we're there.

These people might not like the same thing as I do (they are somewhat older, the age gap probably gonna divide our interest), so if they let us know, boleh la we arrange something for them or whatnot - ni bukan macam pegi KLCC, this week pergi then lupa nak beli something, next weekend pegi lagi - we're not freaking billionaires. I want it to be meaningful for them as much as it's for me. Help me to help you la kan?

Ni bila tanya what they have on their mind, *crik crik* diam seribu bahasa.

Well, this trip supposed to be our family getaway but you wanna join in, okay, I don't mind that. The more the merrier eh? - tapi sila don't take us for granted. Like yea, you're so busy that you couldn't be bothered to do anything and expect me (yang mungkin depa rasa pegi office dok goyang kaki) to do all the research - where to go, when, how much to pay for the tickets etc.

C*** already did his part as he had to sort out the accommodations and flight tickets (yea, we even booked the tickets for them, tak biasa katanya *cough*) 

Like yea, we're running a freaking travel agency now - but for free. ha ha. 

I don't wanna be bitter about this as we'd be spending times together, tapi I just hafta say this, I'm a wee bit annoyed with people that couldn't be bothered to show some interest and effort. Dah namanya pon self-planned trip, mari lah sort things out together, else you are probably better off traveling with an agency - so that someone else gonna have you sorted out from A to Z, just bagi duit jer.

Owh dah terlajak jadi whiny, here's a bit more - bear with me.

There's this once place that I really really wanted to go when we're there because I'm such a hugeeee fan, but sadly, my luck ran out, because the tickets for this particular place adelah sudah sold out on our intended date - we could try to squeeze it in somewhere, tapi I rather not tire the kids. Like yea, killjoy sungguh. Sob. Probably a good excuse for a second trip sometime in the future. :P

How's that for an update? he he.

Later.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker