of.first.&.me.

I made my very first masak lemak cili api daging salai on Sunday.

Those who know me personally or has been reading my blog long enough would know that I don't do masak lemak or things that are santan-related before I'm married. For orang Utara, gulai (curry) is the equivalent of masak lemak. I don't even do curry to begin with, so yea, this is what marriage gonna do to you, making you do things that you don't wanna do.

Well, we still have I-don't-know-how-many kgs of beef from the last EID Adha. I guess we even have the oxtail and ribs in the freezer and also the smoked beef. FIL got it smoked right on the same day, hence the smokey goodness of the daging salai for our masak lemak.

It turned out great - bak kata C*** *flips tudung*.

It took 2 days for us to finish the entire pot ( masak banyak since I intended to freeze it for later, tapi nampaknya tak sempat). C*** managed to wipe em clean to the very last drop okay, siap makan cicah roti.

T____T

Yea, for C***, masak lemak is the equivalent of curry.  I used to be surprised about the food combination too, roti cicah asam pedas pon ada - but after 6 years of marriage, not anymore. :P

Next in the list, adelah oxtail soup or stew. Gonna try to cook it using the rice cooker this time around, since it has the stew/soup function.

One thing bout C***, he'd just go "Buat masak lemak sedap kan? Buat la eh tonight?", bukan dia nak tanya whether the wife actually knows how to masak the said dish or not. Pakai order je, and thanks to pacik Google, the outcome adelah yet to disappoint us. Either I'm such a good cook or the recipe is too awesome to fail or both. :P

So yea,looking forward to more cooking adventure. #imsuchamakcik

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker