of.eventful long weekend.&.me.

I had one of the most eventful long weekend.

Went back home up North to spend the days off with moi family. The traffic was pretty kind, we even had a quick pit-stop in Ipoh for Nasi Ganja (dad's favourite and now the other half's). Did nothing much but stuffed myself silly, hang out with my mum, laze around doing nothing but I managed to stock up bottles of EBM whilst I'm at it. Multitasking at its best.

It was hot and humid on most days, so we were at home most of the time except for a bunch of a quick drive here and there (to hunt for, ermm..food).

Dad is doing fine. Now that he's still recuperating tho I think it gonna take sometime more for him to get back to his old self, if ever - as he's still not talking much and for a such a loud person as he is, it's pretty odd. It has been more than 7 months since the last time I heard him talked (tho I have a video of him talking, accidentally recorded during one of those video calls, it's painful to watch) and thinking about it is pretty overwhelming sometimes.

Well, you never know what you're missing until it's gone eh?

The kids had fun as usual. Myra loves the attention, as usual. Shariq was stuck to me like a baby koala, as usual.

We got back home on Monday as C*** hafta work on Tuesday. Yup, no public holiday for him, so it was just me and the kids on Tuesday. It was mind boggling having to juggle between a 10 mth old and a 3 y/o - especially when the 10 mth old think that crawling into the bathroom whilst I'm trying to take a leak is funny.

T_____T

I don't think that I wanna be a SAHM anymore. ha ha.

Anyway, amidst the chaos, I managed to cook for the kids. Fried rice and fruity oatmeal for breakfast. Fish soup with vege and rice for Myra's lunch and whatever-food-puree-I-could-find-in-the-freezer for the baby.

Me? I had their leftovers and probably a quarter loaf of an awesome butter cake - got it from my fav bakery back home, always love their arrays of breads and when I saw their butter cake, I shamelessly asked  

"Sorry tanya dik, ni cake butter ke, cake majerin?"

No offense and thankfully, none taken. I'm anal just like that, I don't do fake butter cake. Alang-alang nak gemuk, biar lah dengan rasa yang sebenar. :P

Made dinner at 4pm whilst the kids were asleep, so yea, I ain't too shabby right? (Please don't mind me.)

So yea, we have a wedding to attend on Saturday and we're due for a visit to an aunt's place, I just need to get a cake. I promised her a cake - but a cake from my fav baker is impossibrruu, unless I don't mind waiting for the next 2-3 months or something.

I ordered a box of mini choc pavlova from her for Myra's birthday in April like 2 weeks ago, yup, almost 4 months in advance. Kegilaan apekah ini? That's just the pavlova, I'm yet to find the cake, I don't think the kids gonna fancy a Cherry Matcha cake, that's more like something that I'd like to have for my birthday instead.

Well, later.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker