of. SM 10 months.&.me.

Shariq is teething these days,as he's been drooling pretty excessively in the past few days. Not much into food but finish up his milk like a champ. 3 little gigi to-date (2 more on the way). Right upper central incisor and both of his lower central incisor. Budak kecik tiga gigi.

He's a pretty easy baby that boy. Good appetite (except when he's teething) and no more bottle-rejection issues - which is such a huge relief. It's heart breaking knowing that your baby is having a hard time during milk time whilst you're at work.

Talk about milk.

------MY RAMBLING ABOUT BF STARTS HERE----

He's still a breastfeed baby. 10 months of nursing is not easy tho it's pretty easy compared to those that I hafta endure with Myra - physically and emotionally.

I still get the usual 

"Anak dia semangat betul, sekali minum susu 5oz, minum susu ____(insert expensive brand name here) sehat la dia".

True story. In fact, someone told me that only yesterday - as if telling me that I'm inadequate, as if I'm not taking care of my baby properly, sebab tak bagi susu mahal.

Yea thanks, the last time I checked, people did mention something about mom's milk = liquid gold. Tak pernah pulak orang cakap susu lembu tu liquid gold. ha ha.

Okay, that's me being defensive. Those people still irks me sometimes. I'm still human after all tho I still have nothing against FM mommies - in fact Myra pon on FM once she stopped nursing when she was a year and a half.

Everyone craves for the best for their kids. It's just those FM-obsessed people that I detest, especially some of those brain-washed makciks who thinks that you're not feeding your kids enough if you're not on FM, but let's not go there.

Everyone has their own battles, this is mine. To put it frankly, I couldn't be bothered bout what others think about BF. If they think that it's great, then yey us. If they think that it's too troublesome yada yada, then fine. I don't preach. I don't judge. It's not my place to judge, like ever.

I'll just do whatever that I can do, as long as Allah permits, as simple as that.

Back to BF, the pumping, storing, cleansing and whatnot adelah nothing tortures - but it requires a heart of steel dan kerajinan - that I hope won't vanish anytime soon. he he.

The baby could easily finish up 20 to 24 oz of EBM (4oz/bottle) whilst I'm at work - which might be normal for some, but for an average milk-mom like me, adelah menangis.

Shariq's daily dose are mostly chilled EBM from the day before tho sometimes selit-selit jugak the frozen EBM - just to regulate the stock or when I couldn't pump enough.

I'm currently not pumping enough on most days *cries* - not pumping enough in my definition adelah I can't provide enough chilled EBM for him the next day dan terpaksa topup with the frozen ones - most time a bottle (5oz), on a bad day, two.

The only time for me to replace those frozen stock is on Friday and weekend. My current frozen EBM adelah around 250oz - dangerously low, considering that I'd keep twice as much previously, only 2 out of the 4 drawers of my upright freezer are filled with em now. I hope that I'll sustain whilst trying to increase my productivity (this sounds so wrong. Owh well) - I need to replace at least 30oz weekly. How laaaa? Okay lah, TMI already.

--------END OF BF RAMBLING -------

Moving on.

He's currently on his I-am-a-baby-koala phase. Yup, whenever I'm around he'd follow me around like a shadow. When he's not in my arms, you'd certainly find him at my heels, demanding to be picked up. Yeah, whilst I love to feel needed, it gets pretty tricky sometimes, especially when you're trying to have some me-time in the shower or when you're about to wash your hair, you'll hear a little knocks on the door. Yup, he already learned how to knock on doors.

T___T

Well, he can actually stand unsupported these days, counting days before he'll be able to walk! I cannot wait, on a second thought, I don't mind waiting for a bit. Now that he crawls all over the house, childproofing gets pretty hard. We even had to 'hide' some of Myra's toys as some of em can be chocking hazards - which annoys the big sister a little. he he.


 Mata mana, mata?

Haih, I love him so much, that boy.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker