of.new routine.&.me.

Since last Friday, there's been a change to our daily routine. Instead of dropping Myra je to playschool, I also dropped her little brother along.

My morning routine pon took a 360 degrees turn.

Now, I'll wake up and pack up their bags, warm up Shariq's breakfast and put it in the Thermos food jar so that the teacher would be able to quickly feed him breakfast once he got there. He's not big on bottle-feeding, so he hardly finish up his milk when he's there, preferring food over the dreaded milk. Yup, and no bottle can do when I'm around, nak fresh from the source. :P

I'll bathe both of them before sending them off to school - the teacher was surprised that I already bathe Shariq at home - selalunya budak kecik would be brought over still in their pjs but my son is a morning person and I think it's easier for me to sort him out beforehand. Lagipon, I reckon that it gonna do him good, pagi-pagi happy dapat main air with me and the sister. Calm before the storm la kan? Storm sebab lepas tu nangis kena tinggai. he he.

So yea, bila nak masuk kereta tu, I feel like a juggling act in a circus, 4 bags and 2 kids. Ni baru 2 kids. I'll strap Shariq onto his carseat and I got Myra properly seated to - both duduk belakang - which reminds me that I need to find a booster seat for Myra.

Well, 2 days ago, after I picked both of them up. Myra suddenly went "Mummy kakak nak nasi lemak, ada egg and kacang and small fish (ikan bilis)."

Truth is, I already took out a few slices of ikan merah (I put em in the chiller to defrost) which I planned to pan-grill, tapi sebab tetiba anak nak makan nasi lemak, adelah kesian. It's just my luck that I had a tupperware of frozen coconut milk in the freezer, so takde la balik kerja dok nak perah santan segala. Domestic goddess sangat. *flips tudung*

By 7.30pm, I was already feeding em the nasi lemak. All done in in less than 45 minutes. I also made sambal sotong for us. Ikan hafta simpan for later - nothing beats your kid's "Sedapnya mummy masak" - music to mummy's ears okay? Walaupon penat rasa macam nak bagi makan roti letak peanut butter je lepas ni. ha ha.

Okay la, I'm not that mean. I made oven baked fish last night. Fried some eggplants and tempe too. C*** tambah nasik twice. Konon masak simple to kurangkan makan, nampaknya bertambah instead.

Today he requested for Ikan tenggiri goreng berlada and I'm yet to figure out what's the side dish to go with that. Probably stir-fry vege with egg tofu? Hmppp..

Anyway, when C*** got back home from work, he helped to load the washer and folded up the clothes when the kids (and sometimes moi self) are off to bed. Nothing beats waking up to neatly folded clothes, yup, super kemas I tell ya, he absolutely fold em better than I do, so the job is forever his.

Yea, not much of a domestic goddess in that sense eh? 5 years and 2 kids later, I still don't do the folding, it's just my luck that C*** doesn't mind doing that. He even cut the mangoes into little cubes for the kids whilst I finish up the endless work in the kitchen, clean up their bottle and cup, cook a fresh batch of chicken porridge for Shariq, refill their water bottles and whatnot.

This morning, I woke up early to sort out C***'s uniforms for the next 2 days, turned out, takde electricity pulak until the very minute I was about to get off to work (wearing whatever decent looking baju yang tak iron that I could find in the closet). Such is life eh?

Better luck tonight.

On a lighter note, I absolutely need a book-spree to let off some steam. Can't wait.

Okay lah, later.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker