of.little genius.&.me.

Yesterday was more or less like any other day, I got home from work, trapped in the usual traffic for a bit - I changed my mind - a lot, since I was pretty late to pick up Myra from school.

Talked to the teacher for a bit. She commented on how good Myra is doing in school, a direct quote would be

"each time ajar the group, she would be the first one to remember everything"

The teacher even asked whether I'm teaching her at home which I replied with a quick " no".

Honestly, I'm pleased - I am after all, easy to please. What a music to this exhausted mother's ears. he he.

I have to admit that we never really bother to press her when it comes to educational stuff, whatever she's been absorbing for the past few years, has been done rather casually - when she comes to us asking about stuff, then we'd teach her.

When she asked for crayons or pencil to color and write, then we'll let her. Sure we'd show her how to do it and stuff, but we're never stern about it. Nak buat, buat, tamau buat, ok dah, pegi main lompat-lompat.

Sometimes we'd point out the headlines printed on the cover of a news paper or a magazine and ask her to spell it out, but that's just for fun.

Sometimes we'll recite all those short surahs together in the car whilst driving to school, tho most of the time it's me reciting whilst she's listening. :P

Sometimes we'd play the alphabet games together on the tablet, but that's about it.

It's not like I'd spend a solid hour everyday teaching her the alphabet, numbers, nursery rhymes, iqra and whatnot.

Even when I feel like teaching her something, sometimes she'll run off after 5 minutes, so yea, that's as much as 'home schooling' that she ever gets. :P

She'll be 4 next month but we don't see the need to burden her with home works yet. I am the typical Asian mother, but probably without the added kiasu-ness - well, fine, I am a wee bit kiasu but not so much.

I don't want her to start off on the wrong track, I don't want her to think that when it comes to educational stuff, it's such a bore. I want her to learn and have fun whilst she's at it.

I'm not writing this to gloat. I'm writing this so that when she's big enough to stalk me on my blog, I want her to know that she's my little genius and I'm proud of her - despite all the meltdowns and drama. he he.

I love you darling, to the moon and back. *peluk ketat-ketat*

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker