of.dream ride.&.me.

As I was blog-hopping yesterday, came across a blog and the blogger wrote about how our people would value someone based on stuff that they own.

Hafta admit that in our society these days, owning a big shiny car seems to be the benchmark. The bigger, the newer, the better, yes?

Like yea, kereta kau cabuk jer, you must be doing poorly in your life. Tengok jiran sebelah, he just got himself a new ride, he must be earning tonnes.

Seriously? How shallow can you be?

I'm going to tackle this based on my perception. Take it from me, I've been working my ass off for the past 6 years, and all that I own is a locally made car whilst my baby brother, who just started working less than 2 years ago, got himself a better ride than mine. Heck, he could get 2 of mine with the price of his.

Does it mean that he's doing better financially than me? No.

Do I mind?

Honestly, not so much. Tipu la tak kisah langsung. ha ha.

Yea, I mind the fact that I couldn't get my hands on my dream ride despite all the hard work and it's not due to the financial constraint - but largely due to the fact that I'm married to a very practical guy.

Do you get the feeling of finally being able to afford something but eventually not having the luxury to own it?

Like, duit dah cukup seringgit ni nak beli ice cream pelangi, tapi you just have to stop yourself because your parents told you that it's bad for you and you're better off with a bottle of water - which is a cheaper and a healthier option altogether.

That's probably not the most awesome example, but that's about it.

I also mind the fact that I didn't get to own my dream ride because someone talked me out of it - since I love good cars - not because I bother bout what people would think.

So yea, go ahead and get yourself a husband who works for a car manufacturer, you'll ended up with a car from his company instead - with staff's discount of course. he he.

Not like it's an entirely bad thing, as I don't have to bother much bout the scheduled maintenance (got discount some more, what's not to love about discount, I am a cheapskate, remember?), warranty issues and whatnot , he'll sort it out for me, happily, I hope.

The ride is also pretty easy on my paycheque. It gets me to work - less than 50km back and forth everyday and that's about it.

I just need a car for work and that's what my other half got me. A practical car for work. Nothing more, nothing less - as we already have an MPV for balik kampung and another small car for the other half to drive to work.

So yea, whilst I didn't get to own my dream car (yet) due to the other half's numerous practical reasoning, at least takde lah menyakitkan hati (sangat). :P

Does it mean that I'm doing poorly? From a shallow perspective, yes. Keje dah bertahun, bawak keta tu jerrrr? Kata makcik sebelah rumah.

Well, not saying that I'm that super either. At the rate I'm going, I wouldn't be able to get myself a Panamera even if I wanted to. ha ha. Tak agak-agak. Mind you, it's not the dream car that I wanted to get my hands on previously, of course la I is sedar diri. Mimpi ku masih jejak di bumi lagi, belum sampai ke langit. I'm realistic just like that.

Anyway, since I have the power to choose, I chose to listen to the other half reasoning and set my priorities straight and put my money on a house instead ( the monthly installment itself is triple the amount that I have to pay for the car, why la rumah is so freaking expensive these days, you either pay a lot for a good one nearby the city or for a modest payment, dapat la a good one tapi located jauh gila tak tercapai akalku. *sighs* ) - so I'm doing fine, I guess.

So yea, instead of the usual biar papa asal bergaya, let's go with biar nampak papa, asal kaya, yes?

P/S: My definition of kaya in not solely based on monetary value, there's more to richness of life besides moolah, if you know what I mean. :)

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker