of.kids.&.me.

I've been procrastinating long enough, so yeah, a wee bit about the kids

On Myra



She's my 39 month old little mak nenek. She can talk (& nag) your ears off. If she caught me playing with her beautifully combed hair, she'll go "Apa ni mummy, play dengan rambut kakak, nanti tak cantik nanti." T_T

She's still as loud as ever. She loves to sing her nursery rhymes or even recite her doas as loud as possible, whenever and wherever she wants. Hatta when her little brother is sleeping sekalipon, much to our..hmm..amusement? Marah nanti merajuk, tak marah nanti adik bangun - so her usual fav ayat is "Apa ni mummy/daddy, sikit-sikit marah, sikit-sikit marah". Haih la anak.

She's really helpful when she wants to, like only yesterday, we were in Malacca and I was packing up as we're leaving for KL after berbuka. MIL gave her a huge plastic bag to hand over to me, so that I could stuff our dirty laundry in it, but instead of handing it over, she sat down next to me and started to stuff all the laundry into the bag herself. I didn't even ask her to do it. Terharu sungguh mak. My little one, all grown up. Sob.

She's losing her baby fat, probably due to school, yer lah, you can't expect that everything that are being served at school, menepati piawaian anak tekak, she could be really fussy when it comes to food sometimes - so whenever she's back from school, I'll try to beef her up, as much as possible with rice, pasta, yogurt - whatever her heart desires, almond biscotti and congo bars included.

She's getting pretty bad in the drama queen department. She could be all happy, bright eyed one second and all teary and screaming a split second later. All the little brother business, having to share the formerly undivided attention is probably taking its toll. Haih, whenever it happens, I'll try to refrain myself from lashing it all out on her and to remind  myself that she's still a baby herself, adjusting takes time.

She's also starting to be quite selective when it comes to clothes at times. When we decided to go out for a bit after berbuka 2 days ago, she insisted to be properly dressed with her 'baju jalan-jalan' instead of the pjs.

She knows the ABC like the back of her hands, you can even play the 'A if for...B is for' game with her. I'd usually do that whilst we're on our way to school. No, I'm still not a kiasu mummy in that sense. I just do it for fun, it's pretty amusing that she could come up with 'W is for worm' today and 'W is for water' tomorrow.  She obviously cannot read yet, but she could tell me the leading alphabet for every word by just the sound of it - kalau cakap "D is for apple!" she'll gimme the you-must-be-kidding-me-mummy look and goes "No mummy..D is for donkey".

On Shariq.


He's one happy baby - he loves smiling and giggling so much that he even smiled when he woke up for milk at 4am. Mak dia jer yang too tired and too sleepy to smile.

He just started to roll over from his back to his front so he need to be supervised like 24/7. Pantang letak je pusing, letak je pusing, the only way to stop him from rolling over is to sandwich him in between 2 little pillows or to put him on the rocker, tu pon gigih la dia nak pusing.

When it comes to bottle feeding, he seems to hate em just like his sister did when she was younger. On the 1st day that I started working, he only drank like 6oz throughout the day (so much so that he only gained 500g during my 1st working month - he gained 2kg previously, diet much?).

He'd cry himself to sleep sometimes these days but he's slowly progressing in the bottle feeding department. I have a freezer full of EBM yet to be used as I'd just give him 20oz of chilled EBM everyday. Takot pulak nak bagi frozen EBM in case he's sensitive to the taste and decides to reject bottle feeding altogether. Haih.

Besides the hassles when it comes to bottle feeding, he's an easy baby. He doesn't mind the stroller, he could even sleep innit provided that he's well fed. At night, he doesn't need to be rocked to sleep like her sister did. I just need to nurse him to slumber land and if he got up (not for milk), we just need to pat him back to sleep, easy peasy. Oleh itu I'm not complaining about any sort of backache these days, Alhamdulillah.

At 4month old, he already outgrew most of his 0-6 months outfits, I'm too sexy for my little clothes nampaknya, membesar bagaikan juara. No, I'm not complaining. I'm all for clothes shopping untuk anak-anak. The joy of parenthood, I get to shop for miniature people. ;)

That's all for now, I guess. Both of them adore each other and nothing else matters. Will try to have a regular update on their milestones for memory's sake.Mummy love you kiddos. So very much.


0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker