of.4 years.&.me.

We turned 4 last month, on June 25th. Alhamdulillah.

Yea, 4 years of being tied to each other, for better or worst.

I couldn't remember when's the last time we went out for a proper date, probably sometime during the pre-babies years.These days we'd usually need to sneak out if we want to be out alone.

So yea, both of us decided to take the day off from work to celebrate. I've told C*** that even if he decided to work on our anniversary, I'm going out to celebrate on my own anyway. Yer, ayat reverse psychology itu perlu, especially when dealing with my other half - he's the one with 0% romantic bone. Kalau setakat hint-hint di angin lalu, harap maaf. Gue ngak ngerti. :P

Absolutely one of the least likeable attributes when it comes to him, but absolutely something that I have to learn to live with. That's what marriage is all about, no? Romance is overrated (cakap macam dah 40 tahun kawen,padahal?). Dah tua-tua ni, I'm trying not to meroyan too much unless there's a valid reason for it.

On that day, after dropping Myra off at school, we went to the Curve and decided to catch a movie for a start. Our 1st movie in 4 years! - as we'd usually watch em at home these days. Very the pacik and macik like that. (We watched Maleficient by the way, it was terrific, Sleeping Beauty with a twist -  but I'm probably bias - as I'm always a fan of Disney movies.)

We later had our morning tea break at IKEA. Cakes and coffees. I even got to stock up on my usual scented candles. Not the best out there, but will do lah, can't be bothered to invest on a bunch of fancy candles which are just gonna be burned off later. Essential oils is a different story altogether, but with kids at home, lighting oil burner screams hazard which is why I'd usually go for Fabreeze, you get to disinfect the fabrics and the place is somewhat deodorized too. he he.

I digress. Sungguh la mak-mak (dan cheapskate) sekarang.

Moving on, after our tea break and a wee bit of window shopping (promised C*** that shopping won't be included in our anniversary day itinerary T_T ), we went for our late sushi lunch. The food was mediocre. I didn't even feel like ordering my all time favourite unagi. Seems like we have to hunt for something better after EID.

We wrapped up the day with BR ice cream sundae (& we even got a generous discount, probably to compensate their blurriness, nak buat sundae pon kena tgk illustrated picture segala T_T) before heading back home. Yes, balik awai to avoid the bad traffic, it's a working day after all and we need to pick up the little princess from school.

If you ask me, I'd say a couple needs to go out on an occasional date every now and then, you know, to keep the excitement going. he he. The carelessly walking hand in hand whilst roaming the mall adelah fun (kalau Malaysia ni sejuk, I'd drag C*** to a park instead :P ). It's pretty relaxing, especially when you don't have to keep on chasing after a running toddler or soothing a crying baby or worrying about where's the nearest nursing room in case someone's hungry or need a nappy change - the normal parents' dilemma.

We're parents (and we love it) but we're a couple first. Happy 4 years love, I'm looking forward to many more years to come.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker