of.2nd birth story.&.me.

Well, hello there. Yea, I'm still pretty much alive and kicking.

Sorry for the long hiatus stalkers, lots of stuff happened in the past 3 months.

Let's start with the story of the newest addition of the family.

On March 18th, we were blessed with a healthy baby boy. Alhamdulillah.

Yea, I'm going to ramble a bit on the birth story. This little boy of ours, unlike his sister, refused to come out as early as his sister did. He decided to stay put and came out like 2 days before the EDD (and that is after a false alarm drama a week earlier).

So yea, it goes without saying that I got myself a week long MC to wait for little highness arrival. After a week long of contractions here and there, I finally started to feel really uneasy at 4.30am of March 18th - so much so that I couldn't sleep. I got up, had a shower (I already had a bloody show by then), stuffed myself with toast(it felt like kertas pasir mind you, tapi telan saje lah, God knows when my next meal gonna be) and waited for C*** to get up for work (which is sometime after 6am).

When the other half finally got up, I think he could already tell bout what's coming (it's our 2nd baby after all), what with finding me in the kitchen with toast in my hand at that hour in the morning, mimpi ape dok makan roti pagi2 kan? I'm not a breakfast person to begin with.


Since MIL was already in Mekah for her umrah by then, we decided to send Myra to her playschool for the day (not like we have any other choice pon) - dengan harapan when it's time to pick her up from school, the baby's already out of my tummy.

So yea, we dropped the little one off at playshool and we rushed to APSH which is just 10 minutes drive away from home. We got there pretty early, the doc was still not in and I refused to get myself into the labour suite just yet, I mean, the last time that I thought that I'm going to beranak, I was only 1cm dilated. Too much drama. T_T

So might as well wait for the doc for a proper assessment before deciding on what to do next. Whilst waiting, I forced C*** to grab something for breakfast, he even bought me a sandwich, which I ate mechanically and failed to finish (that is when I know that the labour was for real, sebab dah tak lalu makan). Fast forward few hours later, we got to see the doc and whaddaya know? I was already 5-6cm dilated. Ya, it was unbelivable because I was in pain but it was nothing unbearable (yet) at that point.

By 11am, I walked myself to the labour suite and got hooked up to the IV after the usual empty-your-bladder-and-tummy procedures. Yea, I got a drip to boost the speed of the progress which equals to double dose of  I-want-to-kick-everyone-in-the-face pain. It was so painful that there's no word to explain. Owh, C*** was there throughout the whole thing, he was his usual cool and composed-self, peppering kisses on my head, he even cracked jokes that for once, failed to amuse me, like oih mak sakit nak beranak ni, lagi nak buat lawaaakk, tampar kang. :P

So after 3 long hours later, the midwife came to offer me a painkiller, I must have looked so miserable, I did nothing but closed my eyes whilst reciting doa Nabi Yunus in an endless loop in my head - what with annoying CTG thingy strapped onto my tummy and the lady next door screaming bloody murder as if......isi tempat kosong.... T_T

She decided to do a quick VE before giving me the drug, which was when she found out that there's no more time for that, I was too far along, more like 'Owh sekejap lagi dah nak boleh push ni'. Great. Lain kali tanya la siap-siap tahun lepas ke?

Everything else felt like some sort of liquid blurry moment from then on, I remember that I felt the urge to push and the midwife simply replied "Sedut gas, sedut gas", like seriously, the gas did nothing for me, no I'm-on-cloud-9 feeling or the sort, nada. The next thing I know, the doc was already there, all ready for the baby which came out 2 pushes later.

Yes, it was a quick labour, for that, I'm eternally grateful, Alhamdulillah.

Baby SM was born at 2.56pm and at 3.57kg, he's surely a big baby compared to his sister. Honestly we didn't expect him to be that big, his birth weight was expected to be  more or less 3kg.

Everything was pretty dandy from there tho I lose quite a lot of blood during the delivery (me & my endless low hb during pregnancy issue) and I still detest the stiching part of the whole delivery. Moi parents and little brother even came over for a visit on that day :') but they had to get back to Kedah on the same day as they are busy preparing for lil brother's solemnization (which goes without saying that it's an event that I didn't get to attend, owh well). We (the 4 of us) stayed at the hospital for our 3 days 2 nights beranak-getaway. :P

When we got back home, C*** was my confinement-man. ha ha. He cooked (as per my instructions) and do all the confiment stuff for me. Thanks you love, I love you long time. :x

We got back to Kedah for my confinement few days later ( hello daily massage and tungku and goyang kaki tengok tv), only to find out that baby SM got jaundice. It was nothing serious compared to his kakak, so a week later, he's already jaundice free.

That's about it, being a mother of two is not easy, juggling between a toddler and a newborn is another phase altogether - which is something that I shall relish, honestly.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker