of.dilemma.&.me.

I'm tired.

This ongoing project doesn't only rob me from my usual peace of mind (there are tonnes of stuff to work on), but also forced me to work on weekends. My freaking precious weekends - but the good stuff bout all of these - I could get a day off to replace my working weekend whenever I like. I'd always have a full plate at work whilst struggling to work on stuff that I didn't know exist, like honestly, I initially didn't know half of the stuff that I'm currently working on. Now that they are finally growing on me, I can breathe easily.

Despite the expected stress, I like being productive, knowing at the end of the day, my time at work is well spent. Like if I have nothing to do, lagi best la duduk rumah je kan?

Moving on, I came back home from work on Saturday to a pile of neatly folded laundry - which is awesome. C*** might not be the most romantic other half in the universe, like heck, he is hardly romantic but this little gesture counts. For me, someone folding and loading the laundry is romantic, because  he knows how I detest folding and my folding sucks. Just like how he hates to dry out the laundry so I hafta do it for him. That's how we roll in the household baby. :P

Yea, when I detest something it shows and there's no point of telling me otherwise. I'm an open book, transparent, know what I'm willing to do and what I'm not when it comes to relationship, I think it makes loving me pretty much easier.

Moving on, to-date, Myra has been sent to the playschool twice last week. She loves it. She didn't even shed a tear during the 1st day - but, yea there's a but - she's been pretty moody during the 2nd day. I reckon it's the flu (which I thought was the normal morning flu, ya know malam-malam adelah super sejuk in our neighborhood) - as she's extra clingy when she's pretty under the weather.  We shall wait until she's cold-free before sending her to the playschool again - we don't want her to be spreading the virus to other kids right?

So yea, the 1st day she came back without her bottle - which didn't bother me much since we have tonnes of bottles at home, but on the 2nd day, she came back without her toiletries bag and horse(it's a rainbow-colored horse soft-toy). We are lucky that she's not too attached to any of her toys, else guess who hafta knock on the playschool door asking for the horse to be returned?

The toiletries bag, well, I shall ask for it to be returned on a daily basis later tho I've chuck out all the 'weird' toiletries stuff and replaced em with a more generic one - like replacing Myra's leave on hair conditioner with a J&J baby oil.

Why, you ask? During the 1st day, she came back looking like a baby lion. Rambut kembang-kembang okies. C*** went on saying that they probably didn't know what the conditioner is for. So I went ahead and replace it with the baby oil (tho OCD me cringed at the thought of baby oil on my baby's hair) and the little one came back home on the 2nd day with a better looking hair. *sighs*

I'm refraining myself from sounding like a kiasu mummy. So yea, replacing the 'weird' stuff with the more generic ones is the way to go. I don't think that I should go and give em 'How to groom my daughter 101' lesson kan?

The working mum's dilemma.

2 comments:

Aan Andes said...

Hahahaha. Funny. But yeah..its a bit tricky..we have our own way to grow n groom them. Cant expect the others to do the same and the dilemma is, we have to follow them pulak. But since they r doing us a favor (minus the money we pay) gotta suck in kot? Last time zahra's bbsitter suka sgt letak perfume or cologne which i find..unacceptable because i dont like thw artificial chemical for them to be wangi..so lastly had to buy a nicer one. Sbb kalau x provide dia spray yg sape2 ntah.

But it s small matter right..as long as the kid looks happy and healthy.

But but missing horsey is not small matter! Maybe u shud ask where is it. Sometimes it is accidentally left somewhere in the corner

MsAnak said...

Yea,I'll just suck it all in for now. Sabaq je lah. As long as she's well taken care off, I'll keep my eyes closed on those grooming stuff.

We just can't win em all.ehheh

eXTReMe Tracker