of.hectic life.&.me.

Life has been pretty hectic lately.

What with the ongoing project at work, the playschool hunt for the little one and whatnot.

Talking about work, less than 90 days more to go before the go-live date and sometime next week, I shall resume my long abandoned graveyard-shift. Like seriously, I couldn't even recall when was the last time I came for a midnight deployment, probably months ago.

Hopefully I could still stay awake at 2am to do the job as I'm sooo used to conk out before 11pm these days. Katil is my friend.

Ya see, I'm rather lethargic during this 2nd pregnancy, age is probably catching up with me. I used to be able to stay awake for days. Sekarang tidak lagi. T_T

On a lighter note, it seems like I have to drag C*** to come along with me tho I'm not much of a scaredy cat - but ya know, I like having him around (tho I'd be busy with work on hands and he hafta find a way to entertain himself) and for safety reason obviously. It's 2 am not 2pm, heck, sometimes it's not even safe tho it's during the pm :P.

Moving on, we finally decided to send the little one to playschool next year and I've been searching high and low for the 'right' one. Let's not go into my definition of 'right'. It might take days for me to explain, but to cut it short, I just want her to be somewhere safe where she could learn, play and make friends.

If ya ask me, I don't bother much bout the educational bit, she's 2. She has years and years ahead for that. I don't mind if she can't read at 3 - I couldn't read until I was 5, me think. So yea, what's the fuss kan? Sekarang baca Java codes pon pandai. :P

Anyway, after much searching and visiting on my side. We decided to send her to an Islamic Montessori playschool which is just a few minutes drive from our place. We went there few weeks ago and I have a good feeling about it tho it's not as famous as the international Islamic Montessori that we initially wanted to send the little one to (since they ran out of space for full day program in every freaking center that I went to, so I gave up).

I also short-listed another Islamic Playschool, but after a discussion with the PIC, I couldn't help but think that they are actually missing the essential essence of a playschool - their program is on the serious we-mean-business part, more of the formal kindergarten type. They even have a strict assessment thingy-magicy after each of the modules - don't get me wrong, I think that their program is great but probably way too serious for a 3 year old. I might revisit those stuff once my little one is older.

Anyway, back to the chosen playschool. I like the various activities that they are doing for the kids and the kids seems to be genuinely happy - I stalked their FB and they have tonnes of  daily activities pictures posted on em (but C*** was like, "of coz they won't post up pictures of the kids crying " T_T yea, you got a point there mister. ).

Owh,the principal herself is friendly and she wasn't trying to be pushy about the enrollment which is a brownie point.

I also like the fact that they are handling the kids in a small group with a good teacher:kid ratio, 1:5. I mean, kalau satu group tu 10 orang - especially for toddlers, pengsan lah cikgu nak jaga. My little one alone is pretty handful.

So yea, I do hope she will be well taken care of, after all, she's my amanah from Allah and from me to them, and I'd always pray for her safety and happiness. Kalau tidak, siap! ha ha. Dah standby dah lawyer kat rumah.(Hi little brother, adek kesayangan! *waves*). :P

Owh, it was my other half's 30th birthday last Sunday (Happy birthday love!). After stocking up on the groceries in the morning, we sneaked out for a quick birthday date aka shopping spree when the little one was asleep. Well, I have to admit that C*** is a better shopping partner when he doesn't have to juggle between handling a 2 year old and shopping. We even had time for desserts before going back home. We should do it again sometimes C***.  ;)

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker