of.numero dos.update#1.&.me.

So yea, here I am, trying to pick up the pieces of whatever left of my memories - of our 1st checkup for the numero dos which was probably less than 2 months ago.

To start it off, this time around, we decided to stick with the same gynecologist, Dr. Marsita Mansor - the awesome motherly doc, tho it's obvious that we have to bear the long queue and the (almost) endless waiting time. It's most important for me to have a female gynecologist as I couldn't bear to think of it otherwise and we're thankful for the rezeki to be able to have her for the 2nd time.

The truth is, exposing myself to a male doctor when I actually have the power to choose is just beyond me. I mean, dengan Dr. Marsita herself pon I was already terkulat-kulat during some of the procedures, imagine if she's being replaced with a guy? I might pass out, not from the pain but from the utter shame.

So yea, I'm not dissing others' choice as it's absolutely a personal preference. Others have their own reasoning for whichever choice they made.

This is just me, I'm lorat just like that. (I think C*** would agree.) ;)

Lets leave out the gruesome details on how I peed on a stick like twice before finally going for the checkup.

Moving on, we went for our 1st checkup during our 10th week. Yea, we're pretty seasoned this time around and we took our time unlike the last time. We didn't run around like a headless chicken panicking and fretting on stuff that we should and shouldn't do. he he.

I was on an emergency leave that day since MIL was feeling a wee bit under the weather, so right after I brought her to the clinic, I went straight to my clinic to put my name on the queue and before noon, I drove myself and the little one to the clinic to wait for our turn as C*** was expected to show up sometime later and were to meet us there.

We(Myra & me) waited for a good hour and right after the doc came in, whaddya know? My name was actually the 1st one on the queue. I was pretty flabbergasted - so much so that I forgot to wait for C***. ha ha. Yea, we went in for the 1st checkup without him. It's just me and the little one.

So the doc was pretty surprised to see me but she was obviously pleased to finally meet Myra again after a good 2 years. We talked for a bit , counted the EDD, had my weight and blood pressure taken and later moved on to the exciting bit, the ultrasound.

When I started to lie down on the bed, Myra started crying. ha ha. She's probably scared of those scanning machine and stuff, so I pulled her up and she sat right on top of my feet whilst the doc began the scanning - so she got to watch too. :)

Looking at the little one #2 images on the screen and listening to the heartbeat was like a reality check. Like yea, I'm pregnant again, like for a real. :P

Yea, it's tough to tell yourself that you're expecting when you're yet to feel (the baby movement that is) or even look like one. (I'm currently on my 16th week now and I don't look pregnant,yet.Me think.)

Fast forward 30 minutes later, we were out of the doc office with tonnes of vitamins and a couple of pictures for the daddy - he arrived when we were already at the restaurant nearby, waiting for our lunch. Kesian daddy. Promised not to forget to wait for him next time. he he.

So we had our lunch and went back home happy. Alhamdulillah.

How's that for an ending? :P

Owh yea,  let's talk about my all day sickness for a bit. It is pretty horrible compared to the 1st one. I mean, it's expected of me to feel nauseous when it comes to the smell of cooking and whatnot but I didn't expect to puke like countless times everyday even after going to the loo. Like seriously, being in the loo itself adelah membuatkan rasa nak muntah or memang muntah.

Another fun fact is, every night during the 1st few weeks, I broke up in hives on my hands and feet right after Maghrib, it was annoyingly itchy. So I'd just lay on the bed for a bit and smothered myself with mint body lotion and waited for em to subside. Myra would sometime help to pat those lotion on whilst saying "Kesiaannnnn kesiannn amii" in a tiny voice - so I was feeling pretty miserable but amused. :)

Just like the previous one. I also cannot tahan oily food - looking at em make me feel like throwing up. I cannot take anything with santan and excessive oil innit. So for the 1st few weeks I survived on breads, minimal oily food and homemade bihun sup - hence the reason why my raya was pretty boring.Ya know raya = makanan gemok berlemak tepu.

My another cannot is cleaning up after Myra when she's done with the big business. Pee I can handle. Poo cannot but when there's nobody else (especially C***) around to do it, a mother gotta do what a mother gotta do. So I'd dab a wee bit of essential oil on a towel, wrap my nose with it like a ninja and get it over with but more often that not, I'll muntah anyway.

Owh well, if this ain't love, I don't know what this is. ;)

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker