of.the long weekend.&.me.

I had a long weekend last week (after a week of tiring days at work, I am seriously getting too old for night/midnight system patch/deployment).

3 days of good food and loved ones back in Kedah.

It has been quite sometime since our last trip back home and since C***'s currently on his week-long break, we decided to hit home.

3 days flies like you wouldn't believe, I didn't manage to get a dose of the famous mee goreng mamak, the charcoal-fried-koew-teaw or even the awesome roti canai - but we managed to visit Tok (my beloved grandma), attend a wedding (whilst satisfying my crave for ABC, I had like 2 bowls of em tho it was raining) and even met up with the new cute niece (who came over with her parents to visit us instead, thank you!) .

Myra on the other hand, had a real good time - what with getting (almost) everything that she wanted (this is a 1st child and 1st cucu syndrome), early in the morn, she'll point at my mum big fridge and went "aiscliiimmmm"(tapi of coz tak dapat ice cream, her mum is garang, she got ice cube in a cup to play with instead. he he. Distraction is the key. ) or demanded for a snickers bar for herself just because her Pak Su was eating one or insisted on feasting on a jar of tempeyek - only to pick on the kacang (guess who hafta eat the kacang-less tempeyek?). Haih la anak.

Myra with both Tok(my mum) & Nenek(my grandma) at my grandma's place. :)
Both at my parents' place and my Tok's place,she went berserk each time we let her step outside - to play out in the open courtyard. Ini lah bahananya duduk rumah tak bertanah.  Sorry darling, even our near-future-crib pon wouldn't be one with a courtyard, balcony will do la eh? We'll see if we can get a nice small swing for you.


The ♥ of my life (besides C*** obviously) having a ball on her new ride.
She even got 2 new rides (a tricycle and a car, thank you Tok & Wan) to replace the push car that we brought back home with us previously (thank God the new car is too big to be brought home, else celah mana nak letak as our current place is well,hmpp..puny).  So now she has a train-ride and a push car at home. A tricycle and a car back in Kedah and another (Doraemon) tricycle in Malacca. Spoilt-rotten much?

On a lighter note, the only unfortunate thing is - the (pesticide-free) fruits on the longan tree in my parents' backyard are still not ripe enough for picking. I is sad. Longan is my favourite, like ever.

Hmpphh..I'm feeling homesick already.

p/s: Must get a pack of famous amos cookies to crumble. BR Love potion ice cream + cookie crumbles = bliss.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker