of.long wait.&.me.

Last week was pretty eventful for me.

Managed to worked on the batch jobs that are quite a pain in the arse (& brain) . I'm already more than a half way there, say 75%?  -  but somehow still caught up in some never-ending data transformation issues, no thanks to indecisive users. Like,get it over with already.

So yea, work aside, the highlight of the week hafta be the long awaited BBW 2012.  It's my 2nd year of jumping-into-cheapskate-book-lover wagon. Yea, I'm a noob. Last year was my first and I'm hooked. Who would have thought that book-shopping could be this addictive?

I mean, I love books, but in a normal case scenario, with RM200, you could only get yourself a couple, or maybe 3-4 books, depending on its type (which could be easily 'khatam' in merely a week) - probably that's why I ended up not buying em at all, after all, my priority changed ya know? :P

Well yea, I went to the MIECC on Friday, managed to get there by 8.30 a.m - thanks to the sometimes-reliable GPS. Parking was still aplenty and armed with a mid-sized IKEA bag (I have to set my limit you see? If it's a huge trolley bag instead, I'll go bonkers), I was more than ready to spend some hard-earned moolah on yummy books.

Quarter of my book haul.Yum!

Long story short, 4 hours, sore shoulders and arms, hungry tummy, few hundreds ringgit poorer later, I headed straight to the office with a bagful of books - feeling exhausted (but deliriously happy). Thank God I only took a half day off - as if I were to spend more time at the book sale than I already did, I'd probably forget my way back home.

Owh, now that they are having the 60 hours weekend sale thingy, I'm planning to drag C*** along for a second helping of em books. A midnight book-hunting date sounds lovely, yes? I need to get my hands on some Jodi Picoult, couldn't find em during my 1st time around - probably they were still hiding somewhere in the storage but apparently they are out now. Must.get.my.hands.on.em.quick.

Anyway, we went out to visit my parents at the Shangri-la last night, they got here yesterday for an event and we managed to hang out with em in their room for a bit as it was too late for anything else (we got there at 10.15pm and waited for a bit for my parents to be done with their dinner event). The little one was enjoying herself tho, dancing and singing way past her bedtime whilst munching on bits of apple (which stained her new off white Korean tops which I forgot to soak).

We bid em goodbye sometime after midnight and headed back home. The parents are probably at the KLIA right now, waiting to board their plane to Jakarta, till we meet again next week.

On a lighter note, we're going to inspect a nursery/playschool tomorrow. Hopefully the little one gonna like it. :)

Happy weekend!

p/s: Cousin bebeh, if you're reading this, let's go for a book-hunting girls night out, gimme a call when you're free.Hey I already told you, the book sale is crazy, you obviously got my number, so call me maybe? :P

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker