of.a frantic week.&.me.

Last week was somewhat frantic for me and for us, as a family. The little's one vomiting which started on Friday took a bad turn on Sunday (tho she was perfectly fine on Saturday besides the lack of appetite), when she suddenly had a seizure.

There was nobody else at home, yea, we're basically home alone as the MIL was staying at an uncle's place and C*** went out to Rawang for some errands. I was not feeling like myself that day - that I actually spent the entire morning curling up on the couch whilst the baby took her morning nap and C*** worked on the house chores (yea, he helped to wash and fold the laundry, he even cleaned the kitchen for a bit) before he went out, thanks love.

So yea, half an hour or so after C*** was out of the house, I dragged myself up and cooked a batch of vege soup for the little one - which turned out to be rather unfruitful as she was still refusing to eat much. So yea, there was no indication whatsoever of what's coming. I mean, she was more or less her normal-self minus the normal appetite which was worrying.

Few minutes before the incident, she was dancing and singing to herself then it just happened. I freaked the hell out. Feeling helpless is one thing, feeling useless is another. Like yea, seeing my a-few-minutes-before active baby suddenly went kejang and limp adelah beyond me.I'm not exaggerating, but I felt like dying myself. My dear cousin would probably know how my panic-self sounded like. Okay fine, I panic like a headless chicken quite a lot, but that was a panic of a different kind. The one that makes ya feel like hyperventilating, the one that drains you out of your blood.

I called C***(whilst crying, heck I was crying and screaming at him I think) and called a dear cousin for help. C*** even called for an ambulance but Malaysian emergency service surely needs to be improved as they only managed to arrive when we were already in the hospital, tu pon boleh pulak silap pi rumah tah mana hala. *sigh* T____T

So yea, thanks again cousin bebeh for driving us safely to the hospital.*hugs* The hospital, despite the reputation adelah lembab. The nurses in the ER adelah sungguh bersenang lenang that they didn't bother to check or ask much. Hoi, rasa macam nak lempang. Okay, excuse my french.

Long story short, our little one (together with the mummy of coz) was warded in APSH for 3 days and 2 nights, we didn't even get to have our own room since they insisted that we stayed in a 4-bedded room for easy monitoring - as the room is exactly behind the nurses station. It goes without saying that I didn't get much sleep, much from worrying and the room was noisy. Budak menangis like 24/7, it's was magical that the little one managed to sleep through it all, it was probably due to the medication she was taking.

Merasa lah omaknye feeling-feeling duduk hostel sebab kena share bathroom segala. Anak oh anak, if this ain't love, then I don't know what this is.

Another long story short, after several blood test, a CT scan (it was scary and heart-breaking, seeing your little one being strapped onto the machine) and EEG (yang equally scary) which came back with nothing scary so the nice paed concluded that it was probably the stomach bug that caused everything - we're good to go FOC (tho the bill amounted to RM6K) - thanks to the company's GL.

She got back to her normal self 2 days after we were discharged. Alhamdulillah. She's eating well now, in fact, macam terlebih selera makan kot which I'm not complaining. :)

We even managed to make it back to Kedah for my little bro's engagement (which I'll write on later).

Well, I hope that I don't have to go through such thing again, like ever - but I'm eternally grateful that we managed to strive through it all, unharmed. Thank you Allah.

Owh, to the families, terima kasih lah datang melawat. Thanks to MIL for the yummy home-cooked food(tho I'm for once adelah tak lalu makan).

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker