of.mummy-daughter day out.&.me.

Last weekend was eventful for me tho we (read:Myra and yours truly) were home alone - as the other half was away for a company retreat(somewhere in the middle of nowhere) and MIL was back in Malacca.

It's not the 1st time for me to be home alone with the little one, we've been left alone for a couple of times before, but this time, I managed to take the little one out for a wee bit of shopping spree - which was a first. Yey us!

So yea, I waited for a good long 18 months to build up the guts for our mummy-daughter day out - as I couldn't imagine myself facing the hassles of driving whilst trying to soothe a wailing baby (who probably might refuses to be strapped in her car-seat) . C*** even reminded me to be very very careful when I told him about my plan. Like yea, I could be such a makcik-who-panic-like-a-headless-chicken sometimes that it probably made my plan sounded like a bad idea to him. :P (C'mon hon, gimme a break.)

Anyway, come Saturday, I'm very determined to make it happen, like now or never lah kan? The little one is a toddler now, she takes a good heed of instructions (most of the time, unless she doesn't feel like it), C*** already helped to strap the car seat in my car the night before, so how hard could it be? I just need to get her out of the house, strap her in, drive the car (the drives to the targeted locations are pretty quick, both are within 10KM radius from my place, dekat sangat), get out of the car and enjoy our shopping spree. So yea, my theory was pretty easy. he he.

By 10 am, I've already bathed and fed the little one with breakfast - I even took along some baby snack (cereal & raisins), a bottle of plain water and a bottle of warm milk for good measure. At 10.30 am, equipped with the baby bag, a Boba and a large wristlet( to stuff my stuff in), I was good to go.

Where I was heading? Tiny Tapir warehouse sale yo! :P

Yea, what a cheapskate to do, I love warehouse sales. he he.

Moving on, we got there (should I mention safely?) 10 minutes before 11am and was lucky to find a nearby parking space and I buckled on my SSC and put the baby in which was a breeze.

The warehouse sale was partly crowded when I got there. Being the one with no particular thing on my to-buy list - except for a Zoobie - I wandered around, went through few boxes full of Zoobies (whilst a bunch of ladies nearby were hauling em in bulks into their IKEA bags) and got myself  Myra, an adorable wolf pet blanket (I always love to have a pet wolf, macam la boleh). I also bagged a cute pink string bag and Ah Goo Baby plush pad - which is a changing pad that comes in cute prints and could be rolled for compact storage during travel.

Yea, got my hands on those three items ONLY (which is somewhat magical as I managed to stop at 3) and they cost me less than RM100. The normal price for a medium-size Zoobie is already more than a hundred (got mine for less than fifty), the same goes to the changing pad, so my purchase is a steal - tho the wolf needed a wee bit of stitching on the zipper area to fix the loose threads which I managed to do (easily) in less than 5 minutes.

Wolf wolf!

Like who cares if it's a defected item? It's cheap and it gives me a good justification on why do I need to buy a pet blanket for the little one (if C*** ever ask,which rarely). After all, it gonna be useful during out future trips and it bounds to be defected in the hands of a 18 month old - as she could be quite a little monster sometimes. Rosak pon takde la mak dia menangis sebab ter-membazir. :P

Moving on, we were out of the sale by 12PM and I drove us straight to our 2nd destination, Jusco AU2 for some groceries. Yeah groceries, do I need to elaborate? :P

Long story short, we were back home safely by 1PM.( Thanks for being such a sweetheart baby girl, next time mummy wouldn't think twice of having another day out with you.) Fed the little one pasta for lunch and she dozed off after a bottle of warm milk for good two hours whilst I went on to work on the house chores - the washing, folding, ironing. Ya get the drift.

Sometime around 5PM, dear cousin text to ask me out for dinner which was great as it has been ageeeesss(I just can't emphasize this enough) since we last met - tho we're practically living in the same building. Haih. T_T

Right after maghrib, we went to pick up another little cousin in UIA and had our dinner somewhere they fondly called Kubur. :P

We got home before 10PM and I quickly put the little one to sleep after changing her into a fresh diaper and sleepwear and I spent the night watching some odd shows on TV whilst trying to finish up the 2nd last novel - from heaps that I bought last year.

Yea, am trying to finish em all before my upcoming trip to the BBW book sale next month. I'm going to stock on tonnes of baby books, random novels and maybe a cook book or two (yea, cook book, don't laugh). Just can't wait to get my hands on em, probably gonna take a day off so that I'll have the entire day to book-shop.

Well, the Sunday? I spent the entire day at home being the domestic goddess that I am. :P

Made some beef mushroom noodles for C***'s dinner and a plateful of grilled lamb goodness with mint sauce on the side.

So that about it, my weekends for weeks to come are pretty well packed - weddings (of colleagues & C***'s buddy), engagements ( of cousin & my very own little brother), the playschool open day, the pre-booked lunch date, trip back to Kedah and whatevernots. 

Have a good week.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker