of.being a Macik.&.me.

I'm such a macik these days, I stumbled onto a crafty blog (where they made it seems so blardy simple to make all those cute fabric flowers ) and thought, I'm not the artsy type, I can't sew for the life of me (patching clothes and sewing buttons on are not considered sewing to me,mind you,itu namanya surviving skill) but whaddaheck?

Long story short, I dragged C*** to one of those fabric retailers and bought myself a couple of colorful fabrics and arrays of cute buttons and pearls for embellishment purposes - much to his amusement. He must have thought that I've lost my mind or something. he he.

So yea, I bought a yard of turquoise fabric with a sole purpose of turning em into cute flowers to adorn the little one's cotton baju kurung - since I think that hers is too..hmpp..kosong? I know it's printed cotton and all, but ya know, I feel like there's something missing somewhere. Like I.MUST.PUT.SOMETHING.ELSE.ON.IT feeling, ya know?

Anyway, equipped with nothing much but a box of threads and needles and a trusted tiny (& not so sharp) scissors (which made it such a chore to cut those fabric,which dampen my spirit a little at 1st), I started my mini project few days back right after subuh.

For a start, it took almost 45 minutes for me to cut and sew my 1st flower (sebab sambil buat,sambil tengok tutorials), but things got better from there. After all, the imperfections make em perfect, no? (Padahal sebenarnye tangan keras) :P

Fabric flower for the little one.You like?



So yea, I've made a bunch of em to date, in different patterns and color but decided to sew on my first fabric flower on Myra's kurung for sentimental bit of it (tho it's not the most cute looking of em all) - it is after all my first, numero uno masterpiece. he he. Yea, I'm hopelessly sentimental like that.

I initially thought that I'll sew on a bunch of flowers on em but I think that it's going to be a wee too crowded like a makcik's, so yea, satu bunga dah lah. Less is more,yes? Since I'm such an OCD (sometimes), I also took off the original button on the kurung (which was a bit mismatch in color because it was GREEN) and sew on a pearl to match the flower's embellishment.

So yea, when I see my little precious wearing em later during EID, I'd probably cry with (hidden) happy tears, like a sappy old macik. Owh well, who cares if I'm turning into a macik, at least I'm a happy one. he he.

Happy fasting! :)

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker