of.the anniversary weekend getaway.&.me.

Getting back to work after a long weekend is utter kemalasan. If I could afford another day of cuti then I would just stay at home and do nothing.

Well, our trip back home up North was a quick one, we reached my parents place at 2am on Saturday and headed back down south by Sunday noon - so much so that we didn't really get to do much but stayed at my parents place, filled our guts to the brim(yummy durian & mum's udang masak serai!), got myself a haircut and that's about it.

By Sunday, we reached Ipoh (for our super-quick anniversary weekend getaway) sometimes after 6pm. Yea, we had 2D1N stay at the Lost World of Tambun. We checked ourselves in at the hotel before 7pm, got a decent room facing the hill and the water park on the 1st floor. I have no complaint bout the room since it's clean and decent tho it's nothing grand and the tv channels were blehhh (but we're not there to watch tv, so yea, no biggie). We even got a proper babycot for Myra without any surcharge when we requested for it.

Right after Maghrib we walked to the Hot Spring & Spa for a good dip(RM15/entry). This, I hafta admit, is the selling point of this place for me, yea, the night hot spring, not the water theme park. There are several pools with various depth and water temperature and since we were there on Sunday night, the crowd was sorta on the low side which was awesome, jadi tidak lah crowded sangat macam tempat badak berendam.

Since we went there with a baby, we decided to stick to one of the large pool with steps alongside of it where the temperature was just right (probably around 45 degCel), so we just sat there for a good dip together with the little one.

All in all, we loved it, Myra did too - tho she's a wee bit afraid at 1st. Like yea, tempat apekah ini, open-air hot bath malam-malam, with flashy lights, music and whatnot. 

Owh yea, the only thing I detest about the hot spring is the loud music. Well, I thought that it's a place for you to unwind and relax  - not to have a wild party or something coz the choices of songs are absolutely those which your parents usually do not approve.

So yea,we spent approximately one hour at the hot spring, and before heading back to our room, we had a quick jalan-jalan to test out the other pools. We had a good walk in the foot-spa pool and C*** even had a dip at one of the hottest pool and he came out almost half-cooked. :P Okay, maybe not.

All of us had a good sleep that night,thanks to the hot bath.(I'd love to drag C*** to go there again later, we probably could go for the spa next time).

The next day (which was yesterday), came one of the biggest surprise of my life,ever. I mean, I've stayed at various hotels(from the awesome Four Seasons to the ordinary Hotel Seri Malaysia ) in the span of my 27-years life and I hafta say that one of the thing that I look forward to is the breakfast buffet(I like to dine like a king during breakfast) as good hotel usually comes with an equally good breakfast spread.

So yea, honestly, I didn't expect much since the Sunway Lost World of Tambun hotel is not a great hotel to begin with (it was a practical hotel, nothing-grand type) but I did not expect the breakfast to be super ridiculous. Like yea, no breakfast buffet which was sorta fine at 1st(tho shocking) - tapi once you're served with the chosen food. It's super kesedihan. I mean, the hotel basically gave you breakfast coupon that you hafta redeem at the in-house kopitiam(Pappa Rich), there were probably 6 choices to choose from from the breakfast menu, the typical kopitiam food, nasi lemak, toast and the sort. The food absolutely looked better in the menu compared to the reality.

C*** requested for the nasi lemak whilst I opted for the porridge. The nasi lemak turned out to be the plain nasi lemak (cucumber, anchovies, hard-boiled egg & sambal), which gonna cost you more than RM7 if ya decide to buy it ala-carte and the porridge was terrible - so called chicken porridge with half boiled egg dumped in the middle of the bowl.

Those meal comes with unlimited supply of tea, coffee and juice. Juice ey? Like what juice lah? I reckon it's a watered-down cordial drink. It was terrible that C*** couldn't even tell what sort of juice it is. We even overheard a kid asking his mom "Maa..macam ni juice ke??". If I'm the manager in charge,I'll be so embarrassed that  I'll go and dunk my head in a sink upon hearing such comment from a kid.

Yea, I'm not exaggerating. That's how bad the breakfast is, you'll be happier with teh tarik mamak and nasi lemak ayam berempah from macik tepi jalan. I kid you not.

So yea, since we decided to have a go at the water park, we just headed back to our room after the crappy breakfast, so that Myra could have a quick nap and whatnot. The water park opened at 11am during weekdays(RM45/entry,kids with height under 90cm FOC!), so we got there few minutes after the opening and spent approximately an hour there wading in the kids pool before walking back to our room.

After a quick rinse, nap (for Myra), we checked ourselves out of the hotel( bye bye hotel!We won't stay here again), we headed straight to the city for a dose of Nasi Ganja(my dad's favourite!). Truthfully, I had no idea where it is tho I've been there countless of time with moi dad, but thank God for GPS and C***'s great sense of direction, we got there within 10 minutes. he he.

We drove ourselves back to KL right after the hearty lunch, stopping by at C***'s workplace for a bit and went to pick up MIL at C***'s uncle's place before reaching our place at 7pm.

Yea, how I like my weekend getaway? Very much, except for the crappy hotel breakfast that is. he he.

Owh yea, we turned 2 yesterday. Alhamdulillah. I am truly is grateful for the blessed life together (& rather obviously, our super wonderful baby).

All I want in a marriage is to have tonnes of kids. Okay, kidding. :P

All I need in a marriage is someone(which is C***, obviously), that 20,30,40,50,60,70 years down the road, will keep on striving to find ways to keep me deliriously happy (and I'm not someone hard to please) and likewise. Am I a good catch or what? :P

So yea, happy two year of making-me-happy darling! Nak hadiah plis and yeah, jalan-jalan lagi plis. Make it somewhere further this time. Okay?

Off track sekejap, yesterday whilst we were on the car listening to the radio, came the news bout Johnny Depp splitting with his partner, the reason being "he was bored senseless with her and being with her was making him miserable". Like yea, bored eh? After 14 years of relationship(not marriage) and two kids.

Who would have thought that ditching someone out of your life could be that easy? Haih la, whatever makes ya happy.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker