of.the 1st flight.&.me.

We're back from our long weekend Kuching trip.

It was sorta fun tho we didn't really get to do much of the usual touristy sight-seeing stuff since we got a wedding to attend.

 So yea, I'm still terribly tired from the lack of comfortable sleep and whatnot, but let's not succumb to the ultimate malas-ness, yes? Let's do some recap before everything manage to escape my mind. (This gonna be one lengthy post, I've warn ya!)

On Friday, I woke up at 5am to do the last minute packing - Myra's food, milk etc. Yea, we brought along a small cooler box to store Myra's 3 days worth of food which I made the night before - I'm glad that it's just a domestic flight, so there was no issue whatsoever to bring the cooler box into the cabin as hand luggage.

By 7.40am, we drove ourselves to KLIA to catch our 10am flight - the others were already on their way as they took an earlier flight - their Air Asia flight pukul 7am, oh mak tak sanggup. he he. I'm never keen of early flight before, now that we're with a baby, lagi lah tak rela. Cheap tickets or not. This is one of the time not to be a cheapskate. When ya traveling with a baby, this kinda stuff matters. A happy baby makes a happy trip.

Reached the airport, parked our car (this is another reason to fly with MAS, KLIA's indoor parking adelah lebih reliable compared to LCCT's open-air car park, C*** mana lah nak biaq keta dia sun-bathing lama-lama), checked-in, dropped off our luggage and had a quick breakfast at the KFC, we had the KFC breakfast thingy whilst Myra had her homemade chicken porridge - the breakfast was sorta necessary for the mummy tho our inflight breakfasts were served within the 1st 20 minutes after takeoff.Why, you ask? We'll get to that later.

So yea, talks about flight. I was sorta worried that Myra gonna be all restless and whatnot during the +- 90 minutes flight, but the little one's awesome. She's off to la la land for the 1st 60 minutes - whilst the Mummy hafta learn how to eat with one hand whilst cradling a sleeping toddler in the other which she managed to do,tho quite miserably (and thanks to the fact that she's full from the KFC breakfast, she wasn't as cranky as expected from not being able to eat properly). Myra also remained calm during the rest of the flight - thanks to the tablet as she got to entertain herself with Elmo's and Upin n Ipin videos :P. I'm one happy mummy.

Daddy on the other hand was rather estranged from my worry-dom since he was seated miles away from us - due to some seating arrangement issues, which is a different story altogether.

On a lighter note, I sorta hate my seat-neighbor. Ya see, I was seated in the front row and mine happened to be sandwiched between an Ah Soh and 30-something lady which got the window-seat. If it's not handful enough to have a toddler sitting on your lap, try having a seat-neighbor who couldn't seem to stop gawking at you after you asked her whether she minds to switch seats since I need to bf the little one and I need some, ehem, privacy. I mean, she had this annoying look plastered on her face and she just stared at me as if I just asked her whether I could go out on a date with her husband or something. Sungguh bleh. I felt like slapping her silly.

It's just fortunate that Myra fell asleep right after the flight took off and remained calm afterward since she's still full from her breakfast, so there was no urgency to bf. Else, I dunno how lah.

Moving on, we reached Kuching a quarter before 12pm and were picked up by the groom himself. We had a quick refreshment, bathed Myra (ya, budak kecik belum mandi, we just changed her diaper and clothes) and headed to the bride's place for the solemnization. Everything went well tho the groom was a wee bit nervous and we had our 1st taste of Kuching's kenduri food. It's nothing like ours in the Peninsula but not something that you cannot digest either. Myra as usual had her chicken porridge and slices of honeydew for dessert.

We later spent the rest of the day doing nothing but sleep. ha ha. :P

The next day, we were already at the hotel for the wedding reception by 10am. Ya, awal okeh. By noon, the ballroom was relatively empty - except for a bunch of relatives having a go at singing.
We later headed home whilst the others went for their Terubuk masin and kek Sarawak hunt. I don't fancy the fish nor the cakes(as they reminded me of something poisonous due to their striking colors, no offense), so we stayed in and let Myra enjoy her afternoon nap. Right after Maghrib, a family friend came over and took us out for seafood dinner. Like yea, we had the usual fish, crab soup, buttered shrimp, sotong goreng tepung and all.

After the fattening dinner, went for a round of night sight seeing and we're back to our lodging before midnight.

The next day, which was our final day in Kuching, at 6.20am, we're already on an hour drive to Serikin for its famous side-road market. Personally, I'd say that it's not a place that I'll revisit. I mean, there are like tonnes of stuff being sold there but adelah kurang interesting (and it got so freaking hot by 8am!). So much so that C*** ended up with nothing and I only got myself two simple cotton dresses - since we're more occupied with the thought of finding a place to hide from the scorching hot sun instead of shopping.

Well,can't say the same bout the others tho. he he. The makciks surely loves their ikan kering, udang kering, kain batik,kain pasang, rolls of cinnamon sticks(kalau cinnamon rolls, I like!) and whatnot. So yea, it's probably not a place for us.

Our next stop was the waterfront. The others bought more cakes, colorful woven bags, etc whilst we on the other hand, settled for nothing but three pieces of fridge magnets. Like yea, how pathetic is that? I bought em for the sake of getting my hands on something. I just couldn't bear the thought of going home with nothing. Crazy, I know. T_T

After we're back at our lodging, C*** later went to the airport to check us in so that we don't have to face another episode of miserable seating arrangement. So yea, we managed to sit together during our flight back to KL, which was lovely - as we got to camwhore a little. Ya know, it's practically our 1st flight together as a family, so pictures are absolutely necessary. :)

Our plane took off at 8.30am approximately 20 minutes late from the scheduled time - yea, MAS pon pandai delay sekarang. Our flight back was great as Myra slept all the way through, leaving the parents to enjoy their dinner - I even got to finish mine this time as I got C*** to help me with the food. ha ha. I was tired from the lack of sleep, so food was rather necessary to keep me going and happy.

We reached KLIA sometime after 10pm, waited for our luggage, walked to our ride and headed straight to LCCT to pick up the in-laws. We got home sometime around midnite. Sungguh penat - hence the half day off that we took the next morning.

So yea, that's about it, our Kuching weekend getaway. I'm glad that Myra's easy to handle during the trip, regardless the hot weather. Yea, just when I thought Malacca is panas, Kuching is like super panas. If there's a next time, I'd make sure that we'll stay at a proper lodging - supaya there's no chance of waking up in the middle of the night all hot and sweaty. Urgh, that's probably the minus point of the trip, else everything about the trip was pretty dandy.

Our next quick getaway is coming within 2 weeks. I can't wait! :)

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker