♥of.1 year mark .&.me.♥



Our little precious turned one year young last Monday!(Mummy luv ya darling!) It feels like yesterday, the day I squeezed a tiny human outta me. Alhamdulillah. Times flies, faster than the speed of light sometimes.

So the little precious 1st birthday marked our 1st year into parenthood which had been an awesome roller-coaster ride, bumpy, yes, but fuuuuun.Seriously.

Yea, we jumped into the pre-parenthood wagon pretty quick, just a couple of months after we were married in June 2010 (We didn't get to experience the whole macik kepoh asking ya when ya wanna multiply the number of human in the family and the sort,ya it was that quick). We were ecstatic, yes , but truth to be told, the whole thing came like a big tsunami. Fast and surely. Honestly, I was not quite sure that I'm ready for the whole mother thing yet. I mean,I just got promoted from a fiancee to a wife, I'm still getting used to the whole wife thing and I'm sort of a baby myself but somehow in time, everything started to fall into pieces (cliche I know,but it's true) and next thing ya know, out came the baby. he he.

Personally I think the 1st three months of parenthood is the hardest. Juggling between taking care of yourself during the confinement and a tiny (more often than not) screaming little baby adelah susah. So much so that sometimes I felt like crying myself. he he. I still remember how the little one hafta be rocked to sleep every night, which mind you not a 5 minutes business, as most of the time it lasted more than 40 minutes, so imagine my kesakitan pinggang.


Kesakitan pinggang aside, parenthood adelah awesome. I mean, what's better than having a mini-us to amuse us to no end which is something I wouldn't trade for the world. It's amazing that you could somehow love a tiny person so much. I'm forever thankful to be blessed with the gift. :)

On a lighter note,Myra's 1st birthday also marked our 1st year of breastfeeding. Alhamdulillah.

To come this far without much support is exhilarating, satisfying. I mean C***'s not against it, he gave in to every single request when it comes to bf but honestly, I can't say that he's the super supportive kind either (it's probably a guy thing, ya know, I care but I rather not show it, owh mother) - tho he's a  wonderful doting father to our baby, I wish he had been more interested and supportive to what I'm doing when it comes to bf.

It's a bit sad to admit this, but I'm basically on my own in this from the very 1st day (& it's just my luck that my mum is supportive about it when I was at home during my confinement period otherwise tatau la ape jadi.)

Most of everything I've gained, is from my own doing (besides the obvious rezeki from Allah lah kan?) as nobody else seems to be that interested in em . Manusia-manusia skeptical yang suruh stop, ada lah kot, bila nak beli susu? Sampai bila nak bf? Sampai bila pon ada susu? Dia laparr tu tak cukup susu, tu pasal nangis je. Blehh, if ya can't appreciate what I'm doing,just shut the f up boleh?.Excuse my french.

Not that I can blame em for their ignorance, since some of em think it's ridiculous since I'm getting myself into all the troubles of preparing the EBM(that's expressed breastmilk to you) whilst I'm at work and whatnot and about the money, which obviously not lah kan? If I could spend my money on benda lagha, or thousands for breastfeeding stuff, what make em think that I'm that bad of a cheapskate sampai tamau beli susu anak? Do they seriously think that I'd let my baby starve? Apekah? I didn't suffer for months during pregnancy only to torture the baby when she finally comes okeh? *roll eyes*

Well, not like it matters anymore. Err..teremosi pulak, so yea, my point is, I have every single right to brag bout my success and no, I have nothing against mummies with formula-fed babies. I mean, everyone would strive to give the best to their little ones, and if that's their best choice, then be it. The one simple rule is, if ya can't help em, don't judge and bug em.

So yea, 1 year down, 1 year more to go. InsyaAllah.

Owh, I'm yet to get anything for the little one tho we already got a list of to-buy-stuff. We were too busy going up North and down South balik kampung. We also didn't have any sort of birthday party or the sort (we just let her enjoy her pool time every morning and evening throughout the long weekend, just keep swimming, just keep swimming). I just think that she's too small to appreciate the cake, party hat and the sort ( & it's not like I'll let her eat her cake.he he.), so we'll probably have it next year :). This year, let's just badger C*** to take the three of us jalan-jalan, get our hands on some nice stuff and the sort.

That's about it, will update her 12 month milestones later. :)



0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker