of.solids.&.me.

Pardon me for blabbering too much bout our little precious - I'm turning into one of those....

makciks.

Owh well, what can I say? Parents are like that, or izzit just moi?

Nevermind.

Owh,do ya know that we gonna reach the 6 months mark of our breastfeeding journey in few weeks? Otherwise known as Myra-gonna-turn-6-months-and-she'll-be-ready-for-solids-and-mummy-akan-bertambah-kiasu. :P

Yea, it matters to me when it comes to what goes in into my baby. I've been rather persistent in dodging all the owh-so-familiar suggestions and whatnot from people around me - to an extend that some people might think that I'm just plain rude, yer lah, bila orang-orang tua dok kasi idea suh kasi makan itu ini, yours truly buat muka seposen jer, ya know, on how baby adelah lapar sebab dok minum susu jer, cuba la kasi makan nasik lenyek ke kan? :P

Owh well, this is my baby that we're talking bout kan? The one that I carried with me for the whole 37 weeks, the one that made me gained 14kg(but thankfully managed to shed it off), the one that made me felt all dizzy and fat. So yea, it so going to be my way on the highway baby - tho it's not like I'm trying to ignore all the thoughtful ideas, tapi please let me be la kan? Bagi la idea-idea yang munasabah, yang pelik-pelik tunggu la 10 thn lagi ke?(So that I'll have more time to dodge those ideas jugak) :P

Well, they just don't have any ideas on what I have to sacrifice in order to get this far. When people around me spent their moolah on iPhone and ipads, I spent the same amount of money on a Medela Freestyle instead. Say what? Tak cukup berkorban? Lemme remind ya that I'm a gadget freak, I'm a geek. Imagine a baker without her Kitchen Aid mixer, saya sekarang adelah seorang gadget freak but no longer with the gadgets lah - at least no longer with the latest ones. Fine lah, now still ade gadgets, but of a different kind.

Okay, to get it straight. I never regret the fact that I actually turned myself into one of those obsessive bf mums. I hafta admit that it's one of the wonderful stuff bout being a mum. I mean, you could basically soothe your baby's hungry tummy at night with nothing, tak payah nak bangun pegi ambik botol, masak air, bancuh susu segala - except for a pair of working boobs lah kan?

So yea, I'm eternally grateful for that. If my working mum could actually nurse me for 4 long years(Yey Mum!), so do I lah kan? he he. Tho let's not be too ambitious, let's go thru the 6 months, 1 year mark etc 1st, one at a time. Zaman dulu-dulu tak payah beli pump ribu-ribu pon berjaya jer, so yea, what reason do I have for not providing the best for my baby?

Owh, talking bout solids, I'm going to get myself this


Philips Avent: Steamer & Blender, yup, told ya I'm still a gadget freak, but of a different kind. Nanti sambil-sambil buat puree untuk anak, boleh la jugak buat whipped potatoes untuk mak and bapak budak. Owh, the joy of parenthood. :P

I'm so goin to drag C*** to shop for cute bowls, baby cubes, sippy cup and heat sensor spoons for Myra this weekend. :) Happiness - sungguh makcik when buying stuff for ya kid makes ya happy. he he.

Owh later.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker