of.curry.&.me.

If there's one thing that I hafta admit is the fact that I (used) to be ignorance bout how to cook curry.

I mean, it's not something that you eat like everyday kan? UNLESS you're a big fan of nasi kandaq or the sort, then yea, that's another story.

Well, sometime during the weekend, I opened the door to moi freezer in search of stuff to cook for lunch. I noticed this huge head of ikan bawal staring longingly at me - whilst screaming (not literally else I'll run out of the kitchen and swear not to cook for a month, he he)

"Take me! Take me! Masak laaa saya, masakkk laa".

I stared back at it while mouthing

"Errr..nak masak apa? Goreng ka? You'll be good for a fish head curry, but I dunno how to make gulai you see?"

(Yes, I talked to the imaginary soul of the ikan bawal's head)

Not to disappoint the (head of) ikan bawal or moi-self(for being hopeless in the curry department), I called mummy for help. he he.

Mum, being my wonderful mum, was delighted to shed some light on the recipe, instructions and whatnot, BUT(yes, there's a but) not before giving me the usual tu-la-mama-selalu-dok-masak-dulu-but-you-never-bothered-to-watch-and-learn talk.

Aiseh, who would have thought that I'll marry someone who would actually bought a huge fish head kan? Alasan. he he.

So yea, there I was. In the kitchen at.9.30am, on the phone with moi mummy talking about how to masak gulai. he he.

Owh, what happened next? Well, with all the courage that I could muster I actually did it - much to C***'s amusement as he directly came to kitchen and went "I thought you don't do curry" upon looking at the dish on the top of the stove.

Yes, macam sodap but it's not mine I was too busy being happy sebab masak menjadi so I didn't bother to snap a pic.

Cey, don't be little me okie? Tho yes, It's my 1st time but I'm not that hopeless in cooking so masih la boleh execute the instructions and whatnot. he he. Yes, the curry turned out to be good (ini adelah kenyataan from C***, I took the compliment seriously kerana nak dapat puji adelah susah okay? Tho he'd eat most of everything.) Mummy, aren't you proud of me?

Still on the subject, apparently C***'s not the only one being amused by my sudden will to learn how to cook curry as dad called up last night and the 1st thing he asked

"Soo..mum told me baby masak gulai,jadi ka masak gulai? ha ha ha"

(Yes, apparently mum told the whole kampung about it. tsk tsk. Yes, my dad still calls me baby - walaupon dah tua bangka, but hey I'm his 1st baby. he he.)

"Jadiiiii..."


"Nanti balik boleh masak untuk ayah pulak"


"Boleh-boleh, no problem. Dah terer skrang. he he"


"Baguih baguih....nanti boleh try recipe yada yada yada"

Yes, apart from the compliment, moi dad actually showered me with 1001 recipes. Yes, tho mum is the master chef of the house, dad's an awesome cook too. I always love his cooking, kerana tho most of it seems like a spontaneous recipes, tapi adelah sodap(but the spontaneous part makes it hard to copy his cooking, ish ish).

Yea, that's about it. My successful mission, which I'm sorta proud of since I'm not big in cooking when it involves coconut milk - since if you didn't do it right, it's just plain sucky.

Yea, go on, laugh at me.

At least sekarang dah terer masak kari. La la la la...

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker