of.the sad long weekend.&.me.

We headed back to Malacca on Friday's noon after receiving a call from MIL. C***'s uncle was hospitalized and his condition was deteriorating.

We reached Malacca sometimes after 4pm and went over to the hospital for a visit. Stayed there for a while before being whisked back home by BIL who insisted that I shouldn't be in the hospital (aka the bacteria silo) too long, given my condition.

So we went back home and I had an early night since I was terribly tired( It's absurd, really, I'm like tired all the time) and my back was aching from the 2 hours drive.

The PIL went to the hospital for another visit next day, without us - as I was not allowed to go and C*** was forced to stay home with me.

Well, on Sunday as we were lazing around after lunch before heading back to KL, we received the dreaded call - Ayah(the name which C***'s uncle was fondly called) passed away - so we canceled our plan and waited for everything to settle.

It's sadden me to see the red-eyed cousins & relatives. I can't say that I know how it feels to lose a father but at least I know it sure hurts to lose a loved one.

Well, the body was ready for burial sometimes after 6. I even followed everyone to the cemetery(tho some of the older cousins told me not to,but heck I'm not superstitious. ). We walked there(it was more tiring than I thought, but who am I kidding la kan? Walking to the car park from the office pon penat these days.)

Everything went well and we only came back to KL yesterday - to a tunggang-terbalik ala kapal karam crib.

Darling C*** help to load the laundry(he mastered the how-to-sort-the-laundry-based-on-my-ocd-wife's-way ), picked up the dry ones from the yard and folded em whilst I made us hot drinks and sweet potatoes fritters for tea(I craved for them, so balik jer terus buat, tak menyempat2) and fried pasta for dinner. After dinner I was too tired for anything, so C*** had to iron his uniforms himself - which he did without complaint, for that I'm so very thankful.

Today, as I'm back in the office, piles of work are waiting to be sorted out and just now the boss came in only to tell me that I'll be sent off for a week-long training - next freaking week - just when I thought that I'll have a well scheduled week ahead of me. Nampaknya tidak.

Now I have to finish up the stress test, prepare the deployment documents and instructions for the production deployment on the 3rd and double check the db scripts. All within hmppp...2 and a half days(as I would be on a half day off on Friday for my monthly checkup).

One word, great.

Now please excuse me whilst I drag myself to a corner and cry.

Sob.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker