of.wedding, foodie weekend .&.me.

Here I am, ready as ever to ramble about my eventful weekend.

We managed to work on

01. Our reception attires.It's brand new. Woot! & I hafta admit C*** looked owh so good in it, but don't tell him that. Nanti kembang semangkuk.

02. A super traditional songket attires for malam berinai with sanggul lintang(MIL insisted on this and I initially thought I gonna look hilarious, but owh well bila lagi? he he) . Yea mind you, I'm not kidding about the super traditional part as it really is. Rasa macam puteri zaman hang tuah ke apa bila pakai. ha ha.

03. The persalinan attires. We decided that we gonna have another songket, a cute looking baju jawa and a nice vietnam traditional dress for me. Yea, rasa macam main dress up kena tukar-tukar baju banyak kali, but since it's a once in a lifetime thingy, so whaddaheck aight?

The Vietnam traditional dress but mine gonna be in Purple. :D

We hafta go for the 2nd fitting session later next month. Can't wait to see how it gonna turn out.

Hmpp..remember the serunding that I was salivating about? The MIL made tonnes of em and I managed to tapau a tupperware(filled to the brim) of it thanks to MIL & C***(sebab dia tukang kasitau mak dia that I love those stuff so much. he he). Slurrp. I never thought it would be so tedious to produce such wonderful serunding tho the ingredients are rather common.

Imagine you hafta kopek the kelapa and later cubed the flesh. Chopped numerous sort of herbs - lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, daun kunyit, daun cekur(apekah namenya in English?),tonnes of this kidney-bean look alike, 10kg of brown sugar, chili paste etc etc.

It's mega tedious as everything hafta be fried 1st, ya including the herbs(sampai jadi macam rumput yang crispy) before they are combined together and cooked for ages(okay I'm exaggerating, saya rasa macam ages sebab dah terliur nak makan. he he)

So yea, the waiting was exhilarating and I came back home yesterday with scarred knuckles(sebab dengan tidak skilled-nya cuba mengopek kelapa. :P Owh well, at least I tried) and scratched arm(sebab terkena daun serai) buuutt it's all worth it in the end. Nanti boleh balik makan dengan roti.Yum.

Ya think that's all I have to write about my foodie weekend? Well, nope.

On Saturday night we went for seafood in Muar. Like pegi gila jauh for dinner. The main attractions were asam pedas, steamed mussels and chili mussels. So fresh, so yummy and yet soo blardy cheap. There were 7 of us and we had two servings of everything but the bill was just a little over RM80.

Owh, talking about food. C*** brought me to a pasar malam last night to hunt for his favorite murtabak. The self-proclaimed murtabak lover is a die-hard fan of the pacik as he's a loyal customer since the murtabak was being sold for RM1.80/piece(approximately 15 years ago) sampai lah the price hiked to RM3.50 now. C*** has been telling me about it since forever but I was rather skeptical about it, after all, how nice a murtabak could be? Sedap sangat kee?

True to his words, C*** was not lying lah. It's gooood. Loaded with minced beef and double layered with eggs. Owh sungguh sedap tho it's obviously not a diet-friendly food tapi memang boleh lah kalau nak makan the whole piece kalau tak malu. he he. No, saya tak malu-malu semalam but I was torn between the murtabak and the kaya pau yang equally sedap, okay I lied, not as sedap tapi sedap jugak lah and I could never say no to kuih pau. :P

Owh yea, the nice pacar also brought me to the beaches, jangan kata beaches, Makam Hang Tuah pon dia nak bawak pegi tengok. T_T

Didn't he know I'm not a big fan of history?- tho absurdly I love museum and some historical places lah kan? Eh, does it mean that I actually like history?

That's about it lah. I hafta get back home and start packing (& panicking).

Have a good week. Ciou.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker