of.domestic goddess.&.me.


I have approximately 2 months more to go before I hafta turn myself into a programmer cum wife cum domestic goddess

annnnddd I'm freaking out. Panic panic panic.

Like I've been having this nagging voice at the back of my mind saying "Are you ready? Are you sure you know how to do the house chores? Will you be able to cook and not poison anybody?". Ya know, that sorta things.

So yea, it got me thinking. I need to have a checklist on this particular issue to determine where I stand.

Lets get it on, shall we?

o1. Cook.
A way to a man's heart is thru his tummy(especially when you have a pacar like mine yang akan moody kalau lapar.he he). Well..I could safely say that I do know how to cook as I'm the eldest and the only daughter in the family, it would be too humiliating not to. he he.

In fact I sorta like em - provided I have a well equipped kitchen - but I hafta admit that saya tak reti masak makanan bersantan, eg :kari. Laugh all you want tapi itu lah kebenarannya, saya practically tak reti (tho theoretically saya tau) and never have the will to really learn. Mati lah kalau C*** suka kari,which unfortunately he does. Owh nooooooo. Yer, mari belajar masak kari nanti but dunno when lah. Err..darling, lets belajar masak kari? he he. :P

o2. Laundry part 1.
I'm a bit fussy on how I do my laundry. I'd usually separate them based on colors,type of fabric & type of clothing. he he. I'm kiasu just like that. Owh ya, I hate the hanging the clothes to dry part, like apekah malasnye nak sidai. Therefore, I hope to own a washing machine cum dryer someday, that's what I call convenience (& that's what C*** would call mengada). he he.Btw, saya malas lipat baju jugak, that's why I appreciate a big ass closet as I could just iron most of the clothes and put it on a hanger and it would be sedia utk dipakai anytime.

o3.Laundry part 2 - the ironing.
The good news is I'm big on ironing. I would iron most of everything iron-able(such word?) minus the underwear kerana saya bukan Mr.Bean thankyouverymuch. I won't be caught outside the house wearing a crumpled clothing as I think it's just nasty - as it gonna look like you just picked em out from yesterday's laundry basket and it spells utter kemalasan to me.

The bad news is I'm never good in ironing men's clothes especially the pants lah. I don't have the patience to make it wrinkle free and later iron on those sharp lines on the front(whaddaheck is it called?), owh well nevermind. :P

o4. Buat air utk diminooommmm.
Don't laugh as this is crucial. I've once met someone who doesn't know how to make coffee or tea or anything from scratch tho everyone in their right mind would like to think it's a piece of cake. Saya tak tipu. Okay, back to me. I'd like to think that I'm good with coffee lah, as I've spent most of my life being the official human coffee-maker of the house - which is good tapiiii as I'm so used of making em to suit my dad taste bud(he loves strong coffee,the kaw kaw type) it may not suit others. Yer lah, kalau nak minum coffee cair,baik xpayah. :P

o5. Mengemas rumah.
I believe this is something everyone would manage unless you live in a mansion or a huge castle. Kalau rumah sekangkang kera pon tak reti-reti nak kemas then dunno what to say la hoh? Duduk rumah bujang lain cerita (as not everyone shares the same virtue) but once it's a family house and you're the one in charge - cleanliness is something we hafta strive for. Chaiyok!

o6. Gardening.
Does watering the plants count? he he.

o7. Sewing.
I can't sew even if my life depends on it. I mean the proper sewing lah, jahit baju segala. Setakat tampal small tears boleh lah,however I love beading(it's fun tapi menyakitkan mata and leher) and if only I'm not a full time programmer, I think I could make a good living out of it. ha ha. Wishful thinking.

That's about it.

On a lighter note, I need to start packing as I'm moving out soon, but each time I'm home after a long day at work, I'm either too tired or too malas to do anything. I still hafta sort out some of the stuff, to filter out all the junks as I can't afford to drag them around this time.

Owh, we still dunno where to stay comes July. Ini lah bahananyer when our offices are fairly far from each other, mine in KL and his company is in Rawang. So yea, we hafta find a place somewhere in between. Berusahalah!

Okie, I'm off.

Have a great week,well, mid week. he he.

Ciou.

2 comments:

F is my name said...

how bout shah alam? tengah2 jugak la between Kl & Rawang ...

MsAnak said...

Macam jauhhh jer. Tsk tsk.hehe

eXTReMe Tracker