of.random update.&.me.

I've been busy and lazy and it's not like anybody would be reading this anyway - not like I have any reader to begin with - except myself since it's pretty amusing to read what I've wrote years before - sorta give me an outlook of myself back then ya know?

Anyway, puasa has been good for us.

Yet to skip cooking (skip puasa is another story altogether. hehe), besides on certain I'm-so-tired-I-can't-think days - yea, I try to cook everyday for berbuka. Not because C*** loves my cooking too much and can't handle outside food, but because I don't know what to buy if we were to eat outside food. Geddit?

Like, when we went to the bazaar, we ended up with nothing or something that would only qualified for snacking. Like punya la macam-macam jual, tapi tak tau nak beli apa. Bazaar for me, is a place to find rare kuih/side dishes, not the main course. I'd go crazy if I were to bump into a gerai selling a decent arrays of kuih tapi kalau gerai lauk 100 jenis sekali pon, mak tak layan.

So yea, yesterday I made my first ikan merah masak lemak cili padi. Ya know I don't really do stuff with tonnes of santan in it, but C*** requested for it, so how could I say no? After all it's just a no-brainer 7-ingredients dish.  Also whipped up a plateful of veges to negate the fattiness of the masak lemak. Itu je la lauknya and I steamed a bunch of mini kaya pau and cut a bowlful of watermelon for berbuka.

It's just my luck that C*** is not fussy when it comes to food, so yea, unless I have a specific craving for something (last Friday it was roti nan with tandori), I'd be happy to cook for berbuka.

Moving on, we turned 6 last Saturday (June 25th!) but since we were back in Malacca, we didn't get to celebrate and tho we planned to go out for coffee and cakes later that night, tapi lepas tu macam malas pulak, so yea, we'll save the celebration for later, after raya perhaps?

Well, it's pretty surreal to be married this long, I know 6 years is nothing compared to those yang dah kawin for 40 or even 50 years but it has been a good 6 years, and I hope for more years and kid(s) to come.

Talk about kids, I'm turning 32 in Sept and I've decided to stop producing(kilang much?) when I'm 35, so yea, bila nak next ntah? 2 kids is tiring and handful enough for now, don't know if I can cope with 3 (& more) but yea, 2 is definitely not my stopping point. 3 is probably the magic number? Insyaallah. Nanti lah pikiaq. :P

On a lighter note, we're almost done with the raya shopping.

Bought loads of baju for the kids but yet to be able to find a pair of new shoes for Shariq - tho we already bought him a cute pair of capal (it's going to be useless I know, we bought it just untuk bergambaq raya), punya la syndrome anak ke-dua, umur dah 2 tahun, ade kasut 5 pasang je so far, how sad is that? Myra on the other hand, kasut banyak macam nak bukak kedai. So kesian, so yea, hopefully we'll find something for him this weekend.

Me? I'm a minimalist this year. Just bought a bunch of tops, a custom-made batik sarong and probably going to get myself a new pair of fitflop since C*** is against Birkenstock and because one of my fitflop got stolen (it's an amusing story, trust me, will write bout it later) and since my fitflop dah kena capped to 10 pairs at a time, so boleh la beli sebab nak ganti kan?

That's about it, happy puasa and selamat hari raya in advance.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker