of.another hiatus.&.me.

More than a month hiatus.

Where I've been ey? Well, I'm still pretty much alive and kicking - on Instagram at least - my micro-blog when I need a quick rant and when I want to immortalize a moment - as long as IG is around that is. :)

Well, I've been busy at work. A good kind of busy. Satisfying-busy not the stressed-out-to-my-bones busy which is good. I know most of my friends already quit programming and the whole development thing, but I hafta admit that this is my thing.

The struggle (when you're given a task that you have little or zero knowledge about) and the victory (of having everything deployed in production) is my kind of high. Currently working on the real-time OPT-IN for debit card thingy - I work for a bank, so yea - and owh, I have zero knowledge on socket programming - until a few months ago. LOL. Never too old for new stuff kan?

All is well anyway, as it's already in UAT for testing. Hope to get it moving along as planned.

Works aside.

We brought the kids to Sunway Lagoon 2 weeks ago, on a Monday. We intentionally took a Monday off and it has been fun. We went out for roti canai breakfast then baru la drove to Sunway when most people were already in the office.

 I especially like the Nickelodeon theme park. We even managed to bring the kids to roam the animal section of the park. The weather was pretty awesome too. It was sunny but not scorching hot as usual - I slathered the kids with sun-block anyway. Shariq took sometime to warm up for him to enjoy the water park - all those splashing water thingy magicgy overwhelmed him. Myra on the other hand, acted like we go there on a daily basis.

Owh, no outside food allowed - tho the guy at the entrance checked on our bags with one eye closed jer - kalau bawak roti canai, nasi lemak pon boleh lepas kot. :P Still, we couldn't be bothered to bring anything except for the kids' water bottles so we had Burger King and we bought chicken rice for the kids - the pricing is a tad ridiculous, RM15 for a mediocre serving. Kalau beli Hainan chicken rice from my favourite place dah dapat 2 servings dah ni.

Owh well. Even the RM1 popsicle pon being sold for RM5 - since the park no longer allows multiple re-entery, bertabah jer lah - tho it's obvious that you'll be able to get better food next door. Like, I'm the kind of person who splurges on food, I don't mind paying, tapi sila la sedap.

Anyway, we decided to end our day-out when it started raining, tapi tak sempat nak get to the parking before it poured - it's hard to do something quickly with kids, sat nak tengok tu la, nak singgah to pat the rabbits la - so we ended up having a quick tea break whilst waiting for the rain to stop - Shariq siap tertido on the high chair. Like one minute he was munching on a waffle and the next minute dah tertidoq. :P

Long story short, we managed to beat the rush hour traffic and got home before 7PM. Made a quick dinner and the kids went to bed early.

Fast forward to last weekend, we went out on Saturday to stock up on our groceries and on Sunday, managed to drag C*** to satisfy my craving for Southwestern eggroll - yummy and fattening as always, so from BSC we went to The Gardens for our EID shopping spree.

The crowd was cray cray, hilang selera mak nak shopping but we managed to get a new pair of sandals for Myra and a bunch of clothes for the kids. Mak dia tak beli apa. Sob.

Owh, when we got back home, I made us a quick dinner - tho I promised C*** earlier that I'd make nasi daging, tapi mak penat and C*** was a bit kuciwa about it and I felt pretty bad so I decided to cook it for our first iftar the day after.

Jadinya when I got back home from work at 6PM after picking up the kids yesterday, jadi lah supermak. I boiled the beef, then I quickly cook the nasi daging. Made a bowlful of super spicy ayaq asam loaded with tomatoes and onions to go with it and also made a jugful of watermelon lychee. Tu jer lah for berbuka.

C*** had 2 servings and had to stop because we're currently on our 'eat-right' mission and because we wanted to have the nasi daging for sahur too. Terlebih makan nanti, there won't be anything left for sahur pulak. :P

 I made telur goreng kicap pedas and stir-fry veges for sahur. Also cooked an extra portion of white rice for MIL since she came over last night - masak on stove-top okeh? I don't do nasik on stove top but I was too lazy to dig out our backup rice cooker and it's a tad too big for just a small portion, so C*** had to show me how to cook nasi using the normal pot on stove-top. ha ha.

Nasib la the other half knows how to do it else I hafta ask Pacik Google.

On a lighter note, I'm still hunting for my baju raya. We decided to go boria this year - for the entire Kedah clan. We're going to get a proper EID photo taken too.

Semangat sangat.

Well, happy berpuasa then. May you have a wonderful and meaningful one.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker