of.kids.&.me.

Shariq gonna be 9 month young within a week and I've been slacking in the milestones department.

Mak anak dua macam ni lah, I barely have time to put my thoughts together, apetah lagi nak recall on their newly acquired skills.

Shariq for instant, is sooo manja these days, whenever he sees me, he'll go "Maa maaaa". Yup, he calls me Mama alright. I first thought it's probably one of this constant mumblings, but he only does that whenever he wanna call out to me or whilst crawling toward me, wanting to be picked up. So yea, at 8 month old, he already calls me Mama. *smiles from ear to ear*

Sometime last month, taught him how to use the straw bottle and he aced like a champ - just like his sister.

I don't know bout you, but I love to hmpp..blow ka? You know, blow on the kids' tummies so that you'll hear the wet-farting sound? ha ha.

So yea, I do that ever so often to Shariq (and Myra too, she's still my baby what?), his tummy is owh so soft and yummy and buncit that I cannot resist. These days, he does that to me too, but not limited to moi tummy. He'll do it on my arms, my shoulder, my kaki pon boleh (especially when he propped himself up against my leg, like "if you don't want your leg to be covered with my saliva mum, pick me up quick!".

Kids these days, they think that they are the boss. Phbbtt..

Owh, he adores his daddy. What's up with my kids and adoring their daddy?

T____T

Whenever C***'s back home after a work trip, he'd literally throw himself at him. Macam setahun tak jumpa. If C*** comes back home late at night when he's already asleep, rest assured that the next morning, when he wakes up and sees his daddy, kelam kabut merangkak toward him - crawling all over me in the process. I feel so used.

T_____T

Myra is as talkative and as expressive as ever tho you won't hear much of her if you're a stranger. She takes time to warm to people, which is good in my book, what with the unexpected world we're living in today.

She picked up some witty phrases from school so when I ask her about what she'd want to have for dinner after picking her up from school, she'd probably go "Apa-apa pon boleh". Great - then when you suggested spinach pasta for dinner (mak dia of course suggest yang senang, takkan nasi tomato ayam merah pulak), she'll ended up asking for nasi goreng instead. So much of apa-apa pon boleh, sebijik perangai ayahnda mu nak - and here I am thinking that apa-apa pon boleh really mean that I get to choose what I want (to cook in this context). Harapan palsu semata.

I think at 3yo 8mth, it's already pretty invalid to write bout her ability to count, to recognize shapes, colors, animals and alphabets - as it's pretty normal for kids these days. She already got those under her sleeves as long as I could remember. Still not pushing her to write, gonna start sometime soon, already got the activity books from BBW 2 days ago.

As much as I'd like to think that my girl is a bubbly little one, she also cries a lot these days, crocodile tears more like it.Crying out loud for attention. More often than not I had to refrain myself from lashing at her. She'd cry bout petty stuff and you can tell that it's pure mengada-ness. Sometimes she's fine with our reasoning and sometimes not. When I'm well rested, I honestly don't really mind the drama, somewhere at the back of my mind, she's still a baby. My baby at that - but having to face those after a long day at work is pretty tough, biting-my-tongue tough.

So when I did lash out on her, I hope that she's not losing her faith in me. I'm human after all. Mak bukan tak sayang, tapi mak penat.

I hope that it's just a phase. We'll make it through together, right?

I love you kids, to the moon and back.  ♥

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker