of.hands on.&.me.

Since the arrival of the little highness, most often that not, Myra would pester the other half for her bottle of milk, for the endless trips to the loo, for her long showers, the pat on the bontot before bedtime and whatnot - whenever he's around.

Which is quite a relief since I don't have to run around like a headless chicken, juggling between a demanding attention-crave toddler and a baby.

If I were to be honest, I'm thankful for the other half for being a hands-on daddy. I couldn't imagine it otherwise.

The other day when we were at the parents' place, C*** was helping out with Myra (whilst I sat on the couch, err..watching tv, I woke up early, made breakfast, cooked and whatnot, gimme a break ) when my aunt commented on how cekap and natural he is in handling the kids, she even told us that her husband didn't even know how to make her kids' milk when they were younger.

I went ahead and said that I made C*** filled up a form on what he's willing and not willing to do after marriage before marrying him, tu pasai la cheq dapat a practical husband and not a romantic one to begin with. ha ha. I didn't get a yes on the 'Are you romantic?' question. I wish. :P

Anyway, that coming from someone of the older generation is pretty normal, no? I guess there used to be a fine line between what mothers and father should and shouldn't do those days. Everything about the kids, especially the messy stuff, harus lah mak yang buat. - Berak? Mak. Mandi? Mak. Bagi susu? Mak. Tengok tv goyang kaki? Ayah. - since the father brought food to the table. Which is no longer the case these days, both of us strive for our family so I couldn't see why a father should be exempted from taking care of the kids.

Nak anak banyak-banyak, tapi tanak jaga, banyak cantik?

Not saying that those who shy away from the messy stuff are only half as good as the hands-on fathers. Love is a many splendored thing, yes? It comes in unexpected shapes and form.

I just detest the totally ignorance ones.

My other half is probably not the most idyllic father in the universe either, he's alright but his efforts to be useful in the kids department count and that's all that matters.

Here's to many more practical fathers to come. ;)

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker