of.22 & 23 month.&.me.

Myra's turning two in few weeks, a big red light is flashing - a sign for me to catch up on her milestones update.

Better late than never right?

22 & 23 month:

o1. It has been a while since the last teething-update and I'm happy to report that her teething stage is probably coming to the end (very) soon - which is pretty amusing, like c'mon, she got her 1st tooth during her 12th month and almost 12 months later, kapooff, gigi penuh satu mulut. The sprouting has been pretty quick lately that I'm losing count. Dah tak tau dah which one came 1st or whatnot for the past 2-3 months. She (almost) has a full set of teeth now - the better to eat all those yummy food - tho not like she gets to eat all the junk food and sweet stuff. he he.

o2. She's our little parrot (& clown). She repeats after us, most of the time. Absolutely the time to start being cautious of our words and actions. She calls her daddy, "yang" (thanks to me) sometimes. She'd act out her dad getting-ready routines (the perfume-spraying, deodorant-to-armpit rolling act & whatever not)  together with its sound effects. T_T

o3. During our last trip to Beijing, she actually learned how to count in Mandarin - from one to six. It's obvious that she doesn't know the different between one and six (tho she knows the different between satu and banyak)- but it's still rather amusing to listen to her chanting the numbers.

o4. She could tell the different between hot (both temperature hot and spicy hot) and cold. Yea, we let her dipped her little finger in chili sauce so that she knows what pedas is (from then on, she won't bother us when we're eating especially if we tell her that it's spicy) and let her touch our coffee cup to let her feel the heat. She'd go "sejukkkkk" especially during her cold bath with me (which she loves, sampai tamau keluaq bathroom unless being forced to) and upon browsing thru her own pictures clad in down jacket and mittens - point to herself in the pic and went "sejuuuukkkkk". heh.

o5. She's not a picky eater - as she's quite adventurous when it comes to food, just like her parents - but all in all it still depends on her mood tho one thing for sure, she never refuses her pasta.

o6. It has been a couple of months since we last weighed her, so I think she's probably around 11-12kg these days and I can't no longer stand to wear her on the front using the SSC, back-carry anytime - I even managed to climb the Great Wall with her on my back. Super mom. (yey).

o7. She's really really (I can't emphasize this enough) expressive these days. Tak dapat barang, menangis/merajuk. Not allowed to do something, she'd run into the room and trash herself onto the bed (oiih, drama la sangat but it's funny that she'd always find somewhere comfy and well-padded to jump onto). Upon being caught holding something unnecessary/dangerous/something she's not suppose to play with, she's most likely to hand em over/throw them away . he he. Well, none of those rolling on the floor drama yet (& not like I'm expecting it, like ever). Haih,temper tantrums much?

o8. Still could only be 'scolded' by C*** and never by me - not like I want to scold her or anything since it's not like she's big enough to heed my words, but then again, when it comes to me, it's like mencurahkan air di daun keladi (tetiba peribahasa). She'll tilt her head to the side and smile my scolding away. (Apparently giving your parents a big smile whilst tilting the head has a bigger heart-melting factor).

o9. She recognizes some animals (and their sounds), fruits and a bunch of alphabets, which is pretty amusing but I'm not crazy about pressing a toddler to learn numbers,alphabets and whatnot. Not like I don't want her to be clever and all that (which is the norm these days), but I just want her to enjoy toodlerhood and pick up on those stuff along the way on her very own pace. After all, she has years of schooling ahead, if semua dah terer by now, what more to learn in playschool? Calculus?

10. She loves wearing and trying on my shawls. Sungguh la makcik. Sometimes she'll cover her head with her bath towel and pretends that it's her telekung and performs her solat & whenever she sneezes, she'd close her mouth with her tiny hands and utters "Alhamdulillah" (in her baby slang of coz).

11. She's currently in her I-love-being-carried-by-mummy phase, she loves sticking to me like a baby panda - which sorta hurt my bad back sometimes (especially when we're out without the SSC or stroller), as she would refuse to be carried by her daddy by turning into a human-jelly(buat badan lembik) or cries her lugs out. So yea, to cut the drama (& staring accusing eyes) short, kena lah omak dukung. Sabaq je lah mak, if this ain't love, I don't know what this is.

Grow up well and healthy baby, I love you to the moon and back (despite all the drama).♥

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker