of.the 17 & 18 month.&.me.




Our little one turned 18 month old a week ago, like yea, time flies faster than ever. I wish I could spend more time at home watching her growing up - as lately, there have been too much of " eh? When did she learn to do that?" moments for me. Not good.

So yea, let's have a recap on her 17 & 18 month milestones.

After months of  waiting, akhirnya, 4 new gigi peeked out. She now has both of her upper and lower first molar. So 10 little gigi to-date. :P

She's now an expert when it comes to the tablet. Previously she could just select the video to be played. These days, she could browse through the screens, select whatever application her heart desires, play em if she likes it, or close when she doesn't - except for those applications with complicated child-lock lah, tu jangan kata budak, mak budak pon confuse camne nak unlock it at 1st, as if it's some sort of puzzle on its own. Like " tap every corner of the screen clock-wise before pressing the Home key", that sorta thing. T_T

It's sad to admit that she's now totally weaned off from bf , but it has been a long wonderful journey and I'm glad that I've made it this far. So yea, I'll thrive for a better record next time ( upright freezer plis!). The little one is currently doing fine with fresh milk and FM.

At this age, she's not much of a real talker yet (should I be worried? I hope not) - unless her endless blabbering counts as talking, but she already mastered the basic words, ya know

mummy - maaa, mami, miii and sometimes amma! T_T
daddy - dedi
fish - ishh (with silent f)
this - ni
cat - tet/maw
hello = hewwo
bye bye = bai / ta ta
water = terr

Ya get the drift. If you play her a song, particularly something that she loves, she'll 'sing' along to them, walaupon sebenarnye sambung nyanyi word hujung hujung je. Head, shoulders, knees and TOOOESSSS :P

She has no problem with solving her stacking and shapes puzzles - but she probably think that scattering em all over the house adelah lebih fun tho sometimes in one of her rarest house-keeping moods, she'll pick up on the alphabet blocks and put em back into its storage.

She loves books so mummy need to stock up on em during the next BBW book sale in December! Yey! :D

She runs like nobody business, in fact she prefer to run compared to walking. She also loves to walk backward nowadays which is pretty funny is ya ask me. (I'm a mum, I'm bias like that).

She absolutely knows how to get what she wants these days, she'll point and drag you to grab whatever she wishes for, kalau tak dapat, ribut petir! She even loves to fake a cry, menangis sambil pejam mata so that you won't notice her dry eyes. Drama punya budak. :P

She's my little copycat. Saw mummy pakai tudung, she'll run to fetch another shawl for herself. Saw mummy put on the moisturizer, shows her open palm to mummy so that I could dot a wee bit of  lotion onto her hand - thank God for Sebamed baby's face cream, I won't be caught guilty of using anti-aging creme  on a 18mth old (yes, anti-aging creme, I'm getting old) - then she'll use her index finger to dot the lotion onto her face, just like mummy did. T_T

Sometime last week, when we were sending C*** off to work in the morning. He kissed the little one good bye then kissed me and to our amusement, the little one made the chup chup sound (the kissing sound ya know) whilst C*** was giving me a kiss. ha ha. Kissing each other goodbye pon dah ada background sound effect sekarang. :P

She loves her pasta and fruits tho she still takes the occasional rice meal. I'm still watching her salt and sugar intake. So yea, nothing too sweet and salty for her. Fast food is a no-no - hotdogs, burgers, nugget adelah pangkah. So I made her my very own version of chicken nugget and fries. She's not really the fussy type so whenever she sees me munching on something, adelah lorat nak rasa jugak. Sometimes I relent, sometimes I don't - depending on what I'm eating.

The other day, I caught her trying to stuff her Abby Cadabby's mouth with her pacifier(which works more like a teether/toy rather than a pacifier coz she can't never be pacified with a pacifier). She pressed on the doll's tummy so that the doll gonna go "Hi, I'm Abby Caddaby!" and  terus dia sumbat pacifier into the doll's mouth - as if to pacify the doll from 'crying' . Dah pandai pretend play sorang-sorang - don't get me started on her trying to feed her squeaky toys.  T_T.

She's a drama queen. The other day I caught her trying to lift up a hug-full(such word?) of her pillows whilst pretending that they are as heavy as bricks - muka berkerut and groaning included. 

She sleeps around 9-10pm and wakes up around 7-8am sometimes earlier. So it goes without saying that I'd never get to sleep in even during the weekend. Yea, the sacrifice of a mother (sebab daddy boleh sambung tidoq). I'm not (really) complaining, I take it as a blessing of being a mother, like ya know being a parent is hard work and all, but ya never know how it feels until you're one, the hardship and (mostly) the joy.

After all, I'm thankful to be given the chance to be a mother when others are struggling to be one. Just because it comes easy for us, doesn't make it less meaningful pon kan? So sila lah bersyukur.

Ya Allah, thank you for our precious little one.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker