of.the weekend.&.me.

I took a half day off on Friday after receiving a call from C***. His grand aunt passed away so we went back to Malacca for a visit.

Thanks to the 'amazing' Friday traffic. We only managed to reach there after the families were done with the burial.

I hafta admit that I never get the chance to really know the grand aunt tho she lived probably few house away from the PIL's.

The next day was spent at a kenduri, the same goes on Sunday except for a quick jalan-jalan to the night market for our favourite Pacik Bongkok's meaty murtabak.

It's surely ain't healthy, but if we were to get fat, let's make it due something awesome, yes?

Sometime this week, I'm going to drag C*** out for Subway(it's our once in 2 weeks treat, too much of Subway pon bukannya sihat - especially if ya the kind who goes for nothing but Subway melt. he he) and glasses.

Yes, I'm rabun (there I said it again), but has been way too proud for glasses but I guess that age is catching up with me and I sorta need em especially for night driving.

Talking bout food,I need to stock up on Myra's organic stuff too as I'm all out of frozen purees for the little one. Now she's living on oatmeal + banana and brown rice + pumpkin + raisins - on top of her usual doses of EBM. he he. Sungguh kesian.

I'm planning to introduce her to chicken soup or salmon later this weekend. Can't wait. One of the pleasures in life is seeing your little one enjoying your home cooked meals - tho it's just oatmeal banana and raisins. :)

Yea, I'm such a macik. I know.

Owh, let's ramble bout our east coast trip for a bit.

For a start, it was like the longest drive ever (it gonna takes me another few years to recover from the shock of it.he he. Mak insaf nak.) - so much so I ended up with a sore back throughout our stay in T'ganu. Well, it was probably due to the fact that Myra was a wee bit restless in her baby seat and decided that being cuddled by mummy adelah lebih asyikkkk.

So yea, a bumpy long trip whilst holding a 7kg baby is a recipe for an awesome sore back.

Okay lah, to be fair, I have nothing against the long drive, tetapi the roads are sucky. Like seriously, now that they don't have any highway in the area, at least sila lah fix the roads.

The bumpy roads aside, our trip was a fun one. We got to attend a dear cousin wedding (Selamat pengantin baru!) and we ate a lot (what's new with that?).

I think that I ate like a week ration of rice in the span of 3 days. Like yea, people in T'ganu take rice even for breakfast, nasi berlauk, nasi kerabu, nasi dagang, nasi lemak. Ya name it, they got it.

Tho I usually take my rice only for lunch and dinner, but throughout the stay, merasa lah makan nasi during every meal - together with an assortment of super sweet kuih - which includes the curry puff. he he.

It's good to be able to make it to the wedding, to spend time with the family. Even my grandma and parents were there - which goes without saying lah the little one menjadi pujaan ramai. There were so many people around to entertain her. :)

Minus the sore back, it's a weekend well spent - but we're so going to take the plane if we were to go there again. :P

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker