of.a shopping spree.&.me.

My weekend(or should I say,my one day off, sob) was an eventful one for me.

We headed straight to Malacca on Saturday after work, planned to catch a midnite movie but was too tired for it, so after a quick dinner, a borak session with C*** and the PIL , saya tido. Yea, not so interesting, I know.

Well, my Sunday on the other hand,started off rather early, like heck super early. C***, MIL and me were already in the car heading out for a shopping spree at 6.30am, dengan baju comot,tak sempat mandi segala, but fret not, the tak mandi and sloppy t-shirt are the norm especially for this type of shopping.

Shopping ape pagi-pagi buta you ask? We went for fish-shopping aka jalan-jalan beli ikan kat pasar borong yo! ha ha. Yea, I can't believe myself either. It's funny to think of how I could be so semangat about the whole idea.

On second thought, crappy fishes in KL, together with the bosan-tengok-ayam-jer-dalam-freezer feeling would do this to you. It was C*** idea whilst MIL was eager to help and I'm game.

It has been ages since the last time I stepped into a wet market, like seriously I can't even remember when. Perhaps 1000 years ago, so yea, kindly imagine my surprise upon seeing the crowd(like owh rajinnya semua orang datang pasar pagi-pagi buta) and tonnes of sea foods and most of em were dirt cheap.

An hour later, we're back home with an ice box filled to the brim- with fishes, squids and whatevernot. It didn't break our banks either. Sungguh gumbira. We should do this often darling, err..I mean once a month or when we run out of fishes(& squids, I loveeee squids), whichever comes first.

So yea, when we got back to KL last night. Our freezer was stuffed, every nooks and crannies were filled. It's one happy freezer. Ayam dalam freezer pon tak keseorangan lagi,dah ade ikan,sotong and udang temankan. Hmpp..perhaps we should have sotong goreng tepung tonite, yummo.

Owh, if you're wondering, I know how to gut the fishes, of course I do(my MIL was even surprised to know that, he he). My mum would kill me if I don't, okay I might not be killed(perhaps I'll be strangled), but her years of mari-mengajar-anak-tersayang-to-be-dapur-literate sessions would be a waste. Plus I'm determined not to be hopeless when it comes to the kitchen, untuk tidak memalukan ibu tercinta.

I'm the only daughter ya see, it wouldn't do her justice if I didn't turn out right, some people would go "anak perempuan sorang pon tak reti nak ajar ke?" (tho takde lah kena terer macam Chef Wan segala). Yea, laugh all you want, but it's one of my missions in life, like seriously and it's true that a way to a man's heart is through his tummy. :P

So besides fish-shopping, we already started the pre-EID shopping. Yea, planning to get some stuff for the parents and PIL. Found nice silks for both mum and MIL but yet to figure out what to buy for dad and FIL. Pelan-pelan cari.

Owh, I'm still sorta sleepy from the lack of sleep last night and didn't manage to resume my sleep after kissing the other half goodbye, kerana I was busy with the house chores. Nak basuh baju la, iron baju la, prepare the stuff for tonite's dinner la. Tsk, I'm starting to sound and think like a macik-macik already, so God help me.

Yes, please have a nice week.

I'm off. Ciou.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker