of.work.&.me.

of.work.&.me.

NOTE: I actually wrote this post few days back,but somehow, I forgot to publish it - so yea,a delayed post.But who cares?

It has been 2 days since I'm done with one of the systems that I've been working on. Implementation done, so now I just hafta wait for the system to be up and running on the client's server - if you're wondering, this system happened to be one of the online application thingy - & since the kids(owh it feels good to be grown-up.haha) will start to get busy with the application sooner or later,it seems like I hafta be prepared with a healthy & a veeery positive mind - to handle all those hassle and bustle of the users(read:The client and the kids I mean).

Hmpp...the users.

Well, it's understandable that they might not be as computer literate as a software developer but the possibility of them dragging you into a hole loaded with piles of tedious nerve wreaking craps due to a silly lil mistake or their illiteracy or the ultimate ignorance is simply suffocating - no matter if you actually spent days on the validations, prompt messages, instructions and whatnot - things tend to go wrong sometimes,somehow. Sangat lah depressing owkay? Sob.

& the worst is yet to come - the data processing.

Talking bout the processing, it gives me nightmares - the worst one ever was during the previous cycle. The clients actually arranged, filtered, trimmed the actual blardy data as much as they pleased, dumping our flag data, categorization and whatnot that was created for the system - so that it will look good on their reports and expected us to proceed with result filtering thingy with such crap? It's like being asked to bake a muffin with nothing but an egg. It's like being asked to build a house out of a stick. God knows how we had to re-modify and make use of everything to sort up the mess and if I worked on it looong enough, I guess that I'll be able to look 50 before I turn 20 30.

*sighs*

How depressing. I better go and feed my neopets now.




BRIEF UPDATE

Hear ye, hear ye!

The respectable client decided to ditch the system(after 3000++ applications and 2 blardy days) and use the good old system that was created lightyears ago,so yea - thanks for wasting my brain cells and decreasing the efficiency of my eye sight, I soooo adore you for that and I hope you rot in hell, thank you.

p/s: Thursday balik kampung!!Weee..

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker