of.long break.&.me.

Getting back to work after a week long break is bleh. This (somewhat) old machine needs sometime to warm up. Owh, I turned 32 last Friday, a year older, so yeay? :P

Okay, let's ramble for a bit.

EID Adha was great - apart from the moment that MIL suddenly went "Nanti dD tolong masak sambal paru tu yer" to me on the eventful so called kenduri-day - cause we managed to korbankan a big healthy cow this year, C*** even went to hand-pick the bull whilst I locked myself in the car with the kids sebab the kandang busuk gila it gave me headache. I BS you not. T__T

Anyway, I don't cook on a large scale. For 6 pax adelah large enough for me, imagine cooking with a big-ass kuali for kenduri. Yea, still a kuali not kawah, if kawah, I give up. Cooking under the watchful eyes of the inlaws was not helping either. Owh well, one shall cook and move on. It's just sambal, how to screw up sambal right? It turned out okay, so yeah.*pats myself on the back*

Whilst we were in Malacca,we managed to somewhat satisfy our craving for Klebang coconut shake twice, tho now adelah macam ade sikit sakit hati sebab terpaksa beli yang special as they would always try to push you to buy the special coconut shake instead of the normal one and if you insist on buying the normal one jugak, kena tunggu like forever for the next batch.

I prefer mine normal sebab I think they got the sweetness and the vanilla-coconut ratio just right so I don't want to spoil it with the extra scoop of ice cream. Manis and too creamy okeh? Fine, some people like it that way, good for them. Why bother putting the normal one on the menu if you don't intend to sell it in the first place kan? Nak cepat untung ke camne? Is it so hard to put aside a bunch of non-special shake? Okay, emo sikit disitu. :P

Anyway, I didn't get to book myself a spa session on my birthday and I was having a pretty bad back from all the being-sandwiched between the little one and the other half - tidoq mengiring for like forever - regardless of the fact that the little one was placed on his little bed but sometime during the nigh time, he'd roll over to ours - sebab he'd be searching for his mum to nurse, so mak lah yang akan tersepit.

The only silver lining is, C*** adelah berbaik hati and gave me the most needed back massage. We don't have any of those aromatherapy oil and I don't like the hot oil so he ended up using the EVCO (that I bought when I was pregnant with Shariq, konon nak minum untuk kesihatan *cough*) - so yea, I smelled faintly like coconut but it's ok - I slept like a baby that night, sampai terover-slept and tak sempat to get up to make sandwich for C***'s breakfast.

Moving on, I forgot to write about our quick Singapore getaway during the peak of ZIKA.

T___T

Well, it's our long awaited quick getaway - dah beli zoo tickets and whatnot - so tawakal and I just made sure to spray like tonnes of mosquito repellent on the kids - walaupon I didn't see any nyamok. It has been more than 2 weeks since the trip and we're okay, Alhamdulillah.

Anyway, the zoo adelah awesome, the animals, the landscape, the man-made streams, the tram, the facilities, everything - they even have a splash pool/water park for the kids.

This is a typical mak-mak syndrome, pegi mana pon nak bawak anak pegi zoo. When we were in Tokyo pon sempat pegi zoo. I can't help but hope that our local zoo(s) will improve for the better too.

Our national zoo adelah sungguh menyedihkan - well, okay, the last time we were there was probably 2-3 years ago, sekarang pon still tawaq hati nak revisit - tho the zoo is merely 10 minutes away from our place. I honestly don't mind the ticket price jika berkadar langsung dengan keadaan zoo. You get what you give la kan? I don't mind giving if I know I'm getting something proportional in return, ke zoo negara dah best sekarang?

Moving on, we found a new place to satisfy our craving for mee-tarik.  The noodles are so fresh and so smoooth. Ahhh..would absolutely need to go there again without the kids, how to enjoy a piping hot bowl of noodles with screaming kids? :P

Okay, bye.


0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker