of.everything under the sun.&.me.

Shariq turned two y/o, last month on the 18th to be exact. Yup, the terrible two. As much as I don't want to admit this, tapi memang terrible betui sometimes.

He rarely cries before, but these days, the slightest provocation would set him off. Menangis macam kena dera. The next door neighbour probably think that we dera our kids - now that MIL no longer stays with us. He would even cry when I'm in the kitchen, trying to whip up something for dinner. Having him in the kitchen would slow me down. He'd stand next to me or lean against my kaki or whines endlessly for me to pick him up.

It's no fun to cook with a crying toddler. It's not safe either. At times mak rasa like I want to quit the cooking altogether and just cuddle with him on the sofa - which is exactly what he wants me to do - but we might ended up with bread and butter jer lah for dinner kalau gitu.

Haih la. It's tiring, but being a parent is a hard work kan? Tadak sapa cakap senang pon.

Besides the extra clingy-ness, he's a smart one that little one. He understands every single instructions given. When being asked to put his dirty pjs in the laundry basket and his used nappy in the waste basket, laju je buat. After we unload the laundry from the laundry basket into the washer, he'll drag the empty basket back to our laundry room.

He would even dump the empty cups and plates in the kitchen sink whenever he's done with his food. He already got the hang of cleaning his teeth during bathtime. It's easier to clean his teeth these days. He even tried to dress himself - tho he's not quite there yet. He still loves orange. He doesn't like to blow his nose, but wouldn't mind if I remove his boogies using one of those snot sucker - that you have to use with your mouth - which grossed out C*** sebab he cannot tahan the sound of the hingus being sucked out. ha ha.

Like owh please darling. Hingus apelah sangat - luckily he's not squeamish when it comes to cleaning up after the kids. Kids and the big business could get pretty messy sometimes. I can't believe that I can actually tahan and not puke. ha ha.

Moving on, Shariq is still not talking yet. Myra started talking when she's 3 and it's hard to ask her to stop ever since. He has a bunch of words up on his sleeves, but that's about it lah - probably that's one of his sources of amukan, yer lah, he understands so well but yet cannot express himself kan?

Moving on, C*** has been so helpful these days - besides his usual task to do the laundry - everything from washing to folding - he would even cook (or at least take out the stuff for me to cook), vacuum the entire house or whip up something for us to munch on before dinner - goreng pisang is his favourite. he he.

Yea, I cook every freaking day after work. Tiring? A bit but I guess it's more tiring to eat out, what with the kids and whatnot. A take out, more often than not adelah tidak memenuhi citarasa - after all, we don't need a fancy dinner. Pasta, sandwich, rice with one or two simple dishes are on our daily rotation. Sometimes we even go for garlic bread with mushroom soup je for dinner - which is fine tho I'd always cook something 'heavier' for the kids.

Nowadays, I'm trying to make them eat something before sending them off to playschool too. Myra loves cereal with cold milk. Shariq would eat just about anything that his sister's having. Shariq is non-stop little eater when he's at home - probably to compensate his lack of appetite when he's at the daycare.

Okay lah, gotta figure out what to cook for tonight. The other half's coming back from his work trip - I've been eating toast for dinner for the past two days - just because I couldn't be bothered to cook for myself.

Tata.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker