of.short getaway.&.me.

We got back from our KL - KK - Kundasang - Ranau - KK- KL trip 2 weeks ago - and I'm still tired. Kesan penuaan sungguh.

Anyway, the trip's amazing. We got to relax and unwind for a bit (walaupon lepas tu bila balik KL, rasa tired all over again, it's probably the polluted air. :P).

During the 1st day in KK, the other half brought us to the wild life park. It's pretty decent I hafta say and the entrance fee is pretty cheap. A good visit tho tengah panas lit-lit and some of the exhibits were closed for renovation. We even stayed around to catch the animal show. It's nothing fancy, just ade the usual birds, snakes and err..racoon? I is lupa but the kids loved it, so time well spent.

The next morning, on a very bright Sunday. I dragged everyone to the Gaya street market. I always love to see this sorta thing each time we're at a new place. It's where you'll get to the see the locals and the local stuff. I managed to buy a handful of local kuih. Some I sorta like, some I cannot stomach. he he. That's what being in a new place is all about kan? Sampling local food and whatnot.

Talks about food. We ate tonnes of seafood for two days in a row - minus the day when we stayed in Kundasang, that day we're stuffed with barbecued chicken wings dipped in cili kicap instead.

We stayed at the hotel with probably the best view in Kundasang, Kinabalu Pine Resort - we opted to have the Superior Standard room so that we'll get a clear view of the Mountain else you'd be looking at the nearby kampung if you go for the standard package. Besides the awesome view - I can't say the same about the bed sebab adelah macam papan letak toto. I kid you not. ha ha. The breakfast and dinner spread pon boleh lah. It's just a simple, no frills hotel tapi it's clean and the surrounding is pretty neat and well kept. I personally like the pine trees and all. Calming yo.

Since we stayed in a room with an awesome view of the mount - pagi-pagi buta dah lepak at the balcony with a cup of coffee enjoying the view. I could absolutely live with the picturesque view, fresh air and all that - but untuk dua hari jer la kot. A slow and easy life is not for me (yet). Petang when it starts to get dark terus mati kebosanan. ha ha.

Since we're already in Kundasang, we decided to go to the Tagal Sg.Moroli fish spa. The fishes are huge. Nothing like those fish spa you bumped into in KL. So big, so manja and so geli. I don't mind the normal fishes - except for those freaking huge cat fishes. Yup, ada cat fish and this one is major geli. Geli macam tengok ular. ha ha.

You know lah what with its snake-like head and whatnot. Lepas tu dok terbuka-buka mulut dia. I is cannot tahan. I literally ran out of the water whenever it's near. The fish spa runs on a group-basis. Each group will be given around 10 minutes to beramas mesra with the fishes but we went there on Monday - a slow Monday - so when we were released to to the river, the staff couldn't be bothered to time us. We spent a good half an hour there - we left sebab dah tak tahan geli (& sakit kena gigit) - after all it's just me and C*** jer yang seemed to enjoy the fish spa. Others - especially the kids adelah takot.

Our next stop was the Poring hot spring. I like hot spring but not during a scorching hot day (I like the hot spring spa in Ipoh better, boleh berendam malam-malam). I spent like 10 minutes dipping my kaki lepas tu dah start rimas. Kepanasan is my major turn-off tho I couldn't say the same about the kids. They enjoyed playing in one of those personal hot spring pool - so much so that I had to ask C*** to pull them out, takot masak pulak nanti kena rebus air panas + matahari. Kalau demam ka nanti, sape susah? Mak jugak. I wouldn't want to risk them being sick on a holiday - tho I'm well equipped with the medicine and whatnot.

The rest is history. I bought some of the usual ikan kering and stuff. I especially like sambal sotong kering to go with nasi lemak - so I bought tonnes of that - but yet to find the time to cook it. :P

Nanti lah eh? It's sotong kering anyway, it can absolutely wait. he he.

Okay later.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker