of.the new year.&.me.

I know. I know. We're already in the 2nd week of the new year but I still shy away from the usual new year resolution post.

Owh well, I've decided not to write one this year due to its- not- suitable- for- public nature. Okay fine, I'm just plain malas, but personally I do want to be better. A better servant, a better wife, a better mother, a better daughter, a better sister,a better friend and a better employee.

2011 has been a great year for me, Alhamdulillah. Got promoted at home(I'm now a wife and a mum.Yey!), at work( a senior geek now yo!). Went through a humbling experience aka beranak-yang-macam-serik-but-I'll-do-it-again-anyway and we've been blessed with Myra and life's never the same again - err.. in a good way of course and it's true that having a baby brings the marriage to whole new level.

Like, you'll be more sehati and sejiwa (like stealing glance at each other over something that only both of ya can understand) and you'll argue less on where and what to have for dinner when you're eating out sebab takot budak kecik mengamok kalau lambat-lambat sangat. Okay, that's too shallow of an example, but ya know what I mean? :P

Well, truthfully, I have nothing specific to rant about, so let's be random for a bit.

Myra turned 8 months 10 days ago. Alhamdulillah. She's one healthy and happy baby and I couldn't ask for more. (Yes, her 8th month milestones coming up, err..later.)



My 1st day of the year was celebrated (or should I say, spent?) with darling C*** and Myra, with a home-cooked pasta lunch with fresh white mushrooms, baby asparagus and our favourite mussels in creamy garlic sauce (I could finish up kilos of em if ya let me) and dessert at the Alexis, the fattylicious chocolate mixed berries meringue. What a 'healthy' way to start a year.

After much procrastination on our side, we've decided to get our hands on some gadgets. I mean, dah penat-penat keja, dah dapat paycheque, mari lah beli benda-benda yang lagha sket, yes?

I have like tonnes of stuff to do at work. So much so that I keep on thinking bout em whilst on my way back from work and tetiba I'm already at home. Yea, there are like so much stuff on my mind that I'm driving on autopilot. Scary.

I'm desperately in need of new working attires, like yea, it has been years of I-dress-casually-to-work that I rarely bothers to update my array of baju skema for work, tapi sekarang tidak lagi.

Moving to the new office is a blessing as I get to reach home before 7pm tho obviously it comes with a price, the toll fees, the ridiculous parking fees and the boring food. Owh well? At least I'll get to spend more time at home rather than on the road.

Myra tends to get rashes on her cheek and chin sometimes and it sadden me to see her spotty face - so much so that I bought her a bottle of baby facial cream(which actually cost more than my own). Haih, kids these days, kecik-kecik dah ada facial cream segala. If it were me 27 years ago, maybe pakai cornstarch je kot?

Tho having a mini-us is awesome in so many levels and in so many ways, but I just can't sleep in anymore these days, not even during the weekend since Myra's such a morning person. Sleep deprived much?

C*** is such a darling. Yes he is. His ganas look is somewhat misleading. :x

I don't know bout you, but I'm a big fan of seasonal fruits, namely cherry and pulasan.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to find our own place this year. Ya know, the one with the right location and the right price tag. Ya Allah, permudahkan lah.

We're into homemade mango lassi these days - it's way better than those in bottles. Mango + natural yogurt + fresh milk/fresh cream + honey/sugar. C*** could finish up a tub of em in a jiffy. Myra loves it too - tho her version of mango lassi only consist of mango + natural yogurt.

This year, I'm planning to travel for a bit. Probably after Myra turned one - since I'm like the most travel-deprived person ever. Oih.

The boss previously asked whether I'm willing to travel abroad for work - which obviously gained a big fat NO answer from me. Well, the baby's too small to be without her mum. Kalau sehari dua takpe(takpe ke? he he), but it's more like months since it's a project-based stuff. How ironic.

That's about it. Have a fabulous year people. :)

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker