of.eventful long weekend.&.me.

We had a long weekend last week. C*** got a day off on Friday and I decided to follow suit. I also took a half day off a day before to roam the Big Bad Wolf. The thing is about BBW, I always like to go there alone. It's an awesome me time I hafta admit.

Walking through mountains of books is sorta relaxing - tho the only stressful part about this whole BBW thing - is the fact that I hafta put a limit to my book-spree. Not financial limit but weight limit. he he. I gauged the limit based on my disability to properly maneuver the trolley. Ya la, kalau dah berat sampai nak terpeleot tu, paham-paham sendiri je la. :P

Got there sometime before 1pm and I managed to leave before 5pm to avoid the peak hour traffic. The books are alright (walaupon dah mahai a bit), but I couldn't find some of em books that I was hunting for. Dah habis kot. The food/snacks selection pon not too shabby. I had Thai Milk Tea with a set of salted egg siew mai for my quick lunch. The dim sum adelah from the exact company that we usually get our stash from.


So yea, I bought a handful from my usual writers - Jodi Picoult, Diane Chamberlain, Anne Bennet, Kate Furnivall &  Khaled Hosseini.

It's great that I managed to grab 2 new books by Ha Jin too. I was accidentally introduced to him years ago, when I borrowed a bunch of novels from a dear cousin (borrowed? More like buat harta, the novels are still with me back in my hometown, in our so called mini library). Novel tu nama dia - Waiting and it's a good one, I reread it twice or maybe thrice. I like his way of writing and describing things and for an old man, dia takde la tulis berbunga sangat sampai rasa annoying. ha ha.

I decided to give Jane Green a try too. I honestly never heard of her and I have no idea why (but I found her books in the Romance section, that's probably why. I don't do chick lit anymore) but 'Bestseller' was written on those books' cover, so yea, I decided to give it a try. Forgive my ignorance. Mana lah tau sebenaqnya she's as popular as Jodi Picoult tapi I've been living under a rock ke kan?


Bought a bunch of books for the kids too. I'm particularly thrilled with one of those paper dolls books. I actually bought 2. Ya know patung kertas yang boleh pakaikan baju tu. ha ha. One of it canggih sikit because instead of the usual paper, it's magnetic, so baju boleh lekat-lekat je.

When C*** saw it, he was like "You bought this for yourself kan? Awak yang nak main sebenarnye kan?"

Noooo silly. Of course I bought it for Myra. *cough cough*

:P

Anyway, I spend more than RM200 and I got a RM10 voucher and with that I got a RM12 worth of thing. That thing is a box that comes with a reusable bag and hurmm...other things - which I'm yet to discover - sebab tak dan nak tengok ape kebendanya. I just want to spend the voucher quickly and I don't want to spend more. So beli je benda RM12, so tambah 2 ringgit jer. Yea, I'm cheapskate like that. :P

Moving on, we went back to Kedah on Friday - but not before picking up a butter cake (which I craved for, I'm a sucker for awesome butter cake, butter yer, bukan majerin) and going to the clinic so that a cotton bud could be safely removed from Myra's right ear. Yup, tah ape dia buat as the night before she complained that her ear was itchy so when the ear-cleaner aka C*** (he cleans everyone ears, including mine. ha ha. He's just lucky I have dry ears - which is usually nothing beyond berhabuk - and not the waxy kind. Okay TMI ) wanted to clean her ear, ternampak lah the remanent of the cotton bud in her ear.

We freaked out but since it was late and she's not in distress over it, tunggu je esok. Parents of two adelah so cool, if this were to happen when Myra's still the only child, mau bawak pi ER terus.

The doctor took it out easily and quickly and before we left, sempat lagi dia cakap "Next time jangan korek ears sendiri, nanti ears kena potong" to Myra. ha ha. We've been telling her not to clean her ears herself like thousands times dah kot, I guess kid just doesn't know how dangerous that simple ear-cleaning act could be. Haih.

Well, long story short. We arrived in Kedah sometime after Maghrib, thanks to the bad traffic. Dah macam balik raya pulak rasanya. The next day, we went out for seafood dinner in Tanjung Dawai, lil brother's treat. It's my 2nd time there and the dinner was alright tho the waiters were a bit slow.

Going back home is all about food, and more food and catching up on the usual family stuff. I'm missing them already.

That's about it. On Monday the kids' playschool was closed, thanks to Selangor for winning the football match but no thanks because I work in KL. I hafta take a day off since C*** still hafta work tho his office is in Selangor.

So yea, I cooked and cleaned, even brought the kids out for some groceries. Myra wanted to have the Mexican bun aka Rotiboi for tea and I'm grateful for the new outlet which recently opened in our neighborhood Petronas. Bertambah senang la kerja mak menambahkan lemak. Haih, fresh out of the oven - crispy on the outside, buttery soft in the inside.

Okay, tata.

3 comments:

Soraya Zainal said...

philippa gregory, my fav author.. haha ada almost all buku dia sampai sanggup preorder if tau die nak launch new titles. haha

MsAnak said...

I watched the movie, tu yang nak beli novel, rasa mcm satisfying gitu. My 1st novel nih. Kalau I could survive her writing, lepas ni bleh cari lagi. 😁

MsAnak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eXTReMe Tracker